Ron Wolf Likes Feeley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ron Wolf Likes Feeley

'a good young quarterback who has played very well when given the opportunity in AJ Feeley.'
'This kid shows great potential and I believe the upside is there'

Great potential, good young QB ? Maybe you guys are seeing something i'm not but having seen 2 games and looking as his numbers, Feeley completed 86 of 154 passes in 2002 for 1,011 yards, six touchdowns and five interceptions, i tend to disagree...

It's sad how you would judge a young QB by their stats over a span of 4-5 games. I'm glad nobody working in the NFL thinks that way. o_o

Originally posted by Pink_Dove
'a good young quarterback who has played very well when given the opportunity in AJ Feeley.'
'This kid shows great potential and I believe the upside is there'

Great potential, good young QB ? Maybe you guys are seeing something i'm not but having seen 2 games and looking as his numbers, Feeley completed 86 of 154 passes in 2002 for 1,011 yards, six touchdowns and five interceptions, i tend to disagree...

"Well-proportioned athlete who knows how to manage an offense... Has a very quick set-up, moving away from the center fluidly...Displays a high release point and even though he's more comfortable in the pocket, he shows good improvisation skills on the move...Touch passer with a good understanding of defensive coverage...has good poise in the pocket, rarely forcing his throws...Shows solid timing and consistency on slants and fades, feathering the ball past the defenders so his receivers do not have to work to make the catch...Can vary the speed on his passes and will step up and make the completion when his pocket collapses...Scans the field quickly to spot his open target and has the body control to make defenders miss when on the move."

- is this not potential??

Does Winning 4 out of 5 games under playoff pressure qualify him to have just a little bit of upside? Not to mention he would have been undefeated had Feeley made that kick.

Quick note: it's pretty ignorant to judge a young Quarterback by his stats. Did anyone here see Ramsey's stats? They were horrible, but you won't find a quote from me stating that we shouldn't have acquired him based on those stats alone. Or what about Carr, there might be a few people here happy to have him, but his stats suck too.

I never made such a statement because I also believed he showed potential and some upside was there.

'It's sad how you would judge a young QB by their stats over a span of 4-5 games. I'm glad nobody working in the NFL thinks that way. o_o'
:rolleyes: How the heck are you supposed to judge a QB then ?
I'm just a Dolfan and judging from what i've seen Feeley in 4-5 games (I don't go to Eagles practices and havn't dug out game tape from his Oregon State days) is not a guy I'd give an 18Mil $ contract over 3 years...I don't 'work in the NFL' but that's just my opinion...

As for Ramsey's stats sucking, I wouldn't say that...I agree he was inconsistent but he did show flashes of that word you're using POTENTIAL...
VS. ATL 25 39 356
VS. NYG 23 45 348
VS. PHI 25 50 271

'Does Winning 4 out of 5 games under playoff pressure qualify him to have just a little bit of upside? Not to mention he would have been undefeated had Feeley made that kick.'

Wait he kicks as well?? Thats it! Not only will he be our starting QB but he'll replace Mare :lol:

"How are you supposed to judge a young quarterback?"

Is that an honest Question? :lol: That my friend, is why you don't get paid to evaluate talent.

And yes, Ramsey's stats sucked. He carried an okay TD-INT ratio, but he also carried a pathetic completion percentage of 52%, with a recieving corps far better than ours.

You don't like the decisions our FO has made? What would you have done, drafted a rookie and started him, or sat him behind Fiedler?

Can we win a SB behind Fiedler, I'm going to assume you think not, I'm also going to assume you think we can't win one with Feeley either, right? So what makes this decision so bad?

Feeley is unproven, yes. But taking a QB in the first is a gamble no matter how promising he may be, and they are all unproven. As far as I'm concerned you have allready showed an ignorance for the understanding of what is required as an NFL Quarterback so I'm going to take your opinions with a grain.

I didn't like this idea when I first heard it either, but the more and more I think about it the better it sounds, we keep our first rounder and we give our new QB a years worth of starting experience that any Rookie would have taken on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom