Ronnie and Ricky | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie and Ricky

Saban4prez said:
Auburn went 11-0 and probably should have won the national championship this year if the BCS wasn't so terrible. How good were the longhorns exactly when ricky was playing for them?

Auburn went 11-0 with Ronnie as the backup. Ricky did capture the all time NCAA rushing record.

Dolfan99 said:
Auburn went 11-0 with Ronnie as the backup. Ricky did capture the all time NCAA rushing record.

so did Ron Dayne. The success of the team is all that matters in my book. If miami wins 13 games this year, and ronnie only gets 1200 yards rushing, then thats perfect in my book. Ricky got us 1800 yards a few years back, but we only won 10 games. Success is measured in victories. Ronnies proven he can help win games. As far as ricky, his style of play doesn't seem to work.

Saban4prez said:
so did Ron Dayne. The success of the team is all that matters in my book. If miami wins 13 games this year, and ronnie only gets 1200 yards rushing, then thats perfect in my book. Ricky got us 1800 yards a few years back, but we only won 10 games. Success is measured in victories. Ronnies proven he can help win games. As far as ricky, his style of play doesn't seem to work.

dont remember the last time getting yards didnt work. Maybe the team that he played for wasnt working to well.

Dolfan99 said:
dont remember the last time getting yards didnt work. Maybe the team that he played for wasnt working to well.

I'll give you that. However, Apparently Auburn was a great team, and worked perfectly well. Literally perfect. So for Ronnie to be a 'back-up' for them, means just as much to me as a 4-year starter coming out of college does.

Saban4prez said:
I'll give you that. However, Apparently Auburn was a great team, and worked perfectly well. Literally perfect. So for Ronnie to be a 'back-up' for them, means just as much to me as a 4-year starter coming out of college does.

I def. think hes as good as any RB that started for 4 years, however he still needs to make the transition as an NFL player. Ricky has already proven himself.

There is no such thing as a good problem.that being said,I think it will take a couple of years before someone is willing to trade for R Williams,and by that time,I think he will be done.I truly believe he is only coming back so he won't owe 8.6Mil.

Dolfan99 said:

Ronnie Brown was not a backup, I'm tired of saying that. You people are so hard-headed. It would be so easy just to do a little research and find the real reason Cadillac got more carries.

But no. You decide to cut-down, belittle, and question everything the Fins do, while coming to your own conclusion that Brown was a backup.

I've stated the facts plenty times before. Go search for a thread that I put them in.

I'm not wasting my time putting them up here again.

Losman7 said:
I guess its gonna depend alot on Feeley cutting down on mistakes he made last year, as well as the secondary holding up. If you get behind running backs are taken out of the game.

See that's where your knowledge of the Fins RBs lacks, it's not a given that RBs are out of the game when behind, especially backs like Brown who are a serious threat out of the backfield.
Infact IF Miami spends alot of games coming from behind you will see Ronnie Brown more than Ricky Williams because of Browns ability to catch out of the backfield.
No need to pound it with Ricky when down by 17, put in a passing threat like Brown to complement Boston Chambers Booker and or McMike.

I have to think that Williams and Brown in the backfield will be fine. I don't see Brown having a problem "splitting" carries with Williams if that is indeed what happens. I see Brown being a bigger man than that, at least history would suggest that. Only time will tell - here's to hoping we don't end up like the Bills!

Losman7 said:
Are they going to be able to coexist beyong 2005 if they have too?

While Ronnie is a rookie, he won't mind having Ricky around, but say you can't find a trade for him, will Ronnie want to split carries with Ricky, taking away from his numbers, there by limiting his oppourtunities to suceed? It could cost him pro-bowls if he turns out to be a good back.

Would you let Ricky go instead of making Ronnie unhappy?

TAKE A RIDE ON THE R & R RAILROAD ........IF YOU PASS GO COLLECT $200.

Losman7 said:
Are they going to be able to coexist beyong 2005 if they have too?

While Ronnie is a rookie, he won't mind having Ricky around, but say you can't find a trade for him, will Ronnie want to split carries with Ricky, taking away from his numbers, there by limiting his oppourtunities to suceed? It could cost him pro-bowls if he turns out to be a good back.

Would you let Ricky go instead of making Ronnie unhappy?
im a ricky supporter but ronnie is the future ricky will be around for a couple years ronnie can take over then

Brown is the future (Hopefully) Ricky - is too much of a wild card to really count on for anything at this point. I think the opportunity exists for Ronnie to actually end up mentoring Ricky in the mental stability area.:D

DolphinDevil28 said:
Ronnie Brown was not a backup, I'm tired of saying that. You people are so hard-headed. It would be so easy just to do a little research and find the real reason Cadillac got more carries.

But no. You decide to cut-down, belittle, and question everything the Fins do, while coming to your own conclusion that Brown was a backup.

I've stated the facts plenty times before. Go search for a thread that I put them in.

I'm not wasting my time putting them up here again.

It's not worth it DD. They don't understand. They see Caddy with more carries and they automatically see Ronnie as the backup. You're right, they are hard-headed.

Back
Top Bottom