Ronnie Brown does not equal Bo Jackson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Brown does not equal Bo Jackson

4.15 is world class speed. They should be a olympian if they run that fast. I don't think Bo ran that.

when they talk about 40 times in the combine that is 40 yards right? And the 40 in olympics would be metres?? so 40 metres = 43.74 yards

Why did they keep saying on ESPN then that, that one corner this year ran faster than Deion when he first came out of college, and that guys time.........4.25??? Something is wrong here!!!!

no matter what I have a very hard time believing that an NFL player can beat an Olympic 100-metre sprinter in the 40, let alone the fastest ever (Ben Johnson even though he was on roids)

outlawd2u said:
Why did they keep saying on ESPN then that, that one corner this year ran faster than Deion when he first came out of college, and that guys time.........4.25??? Something is wrong here!!!!

Read my post. Deion's time wasn't as fast as everyone thought. Still the best until this year, though.

Mr Yu said:
A Pox on your cap lock key if you compare anyone else to Bo!!! Does anyone remember who Bo was compared to? NO ONE.

Ha! Well, you're partially correct. After their freshman years, no one was foolish enough to compare Bo Jackson to Marcus Dupree of Oklahoma. Only one of them became the first sophomore ever to be favored for the Heisman and it wasn't Bo Jackson.

Both had terrific frosh seasons. Jackson was considered great and Dupree a freak. I posted on this a few weeks ago. Marcus Dupree as a freshman at Oklahoma was the best running back I've ever seen, and I'm hardly alone in that assessment. He had 7 straight games with a 70+ yard TD run. Might not have been quite as fast as Jackson, but he would outrun NFL caliber DBs plus he was bigger and MUCH more instinctive than Bo Jackson. Dupree could cut or shuffle step or slash or whatever was necessary. Jackson was primarily a slasher.

I was at USC when we tried to recruit Dupree out of Mississippi. John Robinson was whispering that Dupree could become the best back ever and was desperate to get him. It was perfect timing since Marcus Allen was a departing senior. But Robinson flirted with signing with the Patriots as head coach after the season and other schools used that against us. We had a supbar recruiting season, including losing Dupree to Barry Switzer. Robinson was crushed. I did the Daily Trojan recruiting article and Robinson literally left the room in disgust when I mentioned losing Dupree and the other recruits. He never returned. I just sat there for a half hour in his office. Finally his secretary came in and politely recommended I leave.

Dupree, of course, was a head case and never played for Oklahoma again. He briefly transferred to Southern Miss but never played, then severely tore his knee in an obscure USFL game. He was maybe 10% of his old self with the Rams in the early '90s. I'm sure it was John Robinson's old awe of Dupree's skills and desire to coach him that led him to sign Dupree for the Rams.

Awsi Dooger said:
Ha! Well, you're partially correct. After their freshman years, no one was foolish enough to compare Bo Jackson to Marcus Dupree of Oklahoma. Only one of them became the first sophomore ever to be favored for the Heisman and it wasn't Bo Jackson.

Both had terrific frosh seasons. Jackson was considered great and Dupree a freak. I posted on this a few weeks ago. Marcus Dupree as a freshman at Oklahoma was the best running back I've ever seen, and I'm hardly alone in that assessment. He had 7 straight games with a 70+ yard TD run. Might not have been quite as fast as Jackson, but he would outrun NFL caliber DBs plus he was bigger and MUCH more instinctive than Bo Jackson. Dupree could cut or shuffle step or slash or whatever was necessary. Jackson was primarily a slasher.

I was at USC when we tried to recruit Dupree out of Mississippi. John Robinson was whispering that Dupree could become the best back ever and was desperate to get him. It was perfect timing since Marcus Allen was a departing senior. But Robinson flurted with signing with the Patriots as head coach after the season and other schools used that against us. We had a supbar recruiting season, including losing Dupree to Barry Switzer. Robinson was crushed. I did the Daily Trojan recruiting article and Robinson literally left the room in disgust when I mentioned losing Dupree and the other recruits. He never returned. I just sat there for a half hour in his office. Finally his secretary came in and politely recommended I leave.

Dupree, of course, was a head case and never played for Oklahoma again. He briefly transferred to Southern Miss but never played, then severely tore his knee in an obscure USFL game. He was maybe 10% of his old self with the Rams in the early '90s. I'm sure it was John Robinson's old awe of Dupree's skills and desire to coach him that led him to sign Dupree for the Rams.

- Nice recall on Dupree. That guy was fantastic as a Frosh. Iremember how the injuries slowed him down. Your right about Bo in College. I seem to remember that it was a close vote when he won the Heisman. The guy got even better as a Pro in both Baseball & Football.

I know tons of high school guys that i played with that claim a 4.1 40 yard, there all working at Mcdonalds now!

JJ777 said:
I had been reading the forums and everyone saying how fast Brown is for his size and that he is the second coming of Bo Jackson. So I did some research and...

On the ESPN website it states that Bo Jackson at 6'1", 230 lbs, ran a 4.12 40 yard dash. If I recall correctly, this was run at the NFL combine after his senior year of college. Reportedly this is the best 40 yard dash in the history of the combine and beating out Neon Deion Sanders who at 6'1", 180 lbs ran a 4.15.

Their height and weight seem about right and Im guessing similiar builds but...Ronnie Brown ran a 4.4+...Bo Jackson ran a FRIGGIN 4.12!!! DANG!!!

Not that Im down on RB...but he aint no BJ.

Your right, Bo Jackson had girlish hips that couldn't take the punishment of the NFL, Brown will have a far greater career.

Awsi Dooger said:

I was at USC when we tried to recruit Dupree out of Mississippi. John Robinson was whispering that Dupree could become the best back ever and was desperate to get him. It was perfect timing since Marcus Allen was a departing senior. But Robinson flirted with signing with the Patriots as head coach after the season and other schools used that against us. We had a supbar recruiting season, including losing Dupree to Barry Switzer. Robinson was crushed. I did the Daily Trojan recruiting article and Robinson literally left the room in disgust when I mentioned losing Dupree and the other recruits. He never returned. I just sat there for a half hour in his office. Finally his secretary came in and politely recommended I leave.

Doesn't mean squat if he doesn't do it in the Pros, Barry Sanders was a great Pro runningback.

I very much doubt that anyone has ever run a sub 4.2 40 time. It is physically impossible.

phatmatt said:
I very much doubt that anyone has ever run a sub 4.2 40 time. It is physically impossible.

- I dunno. 10 second 100 is World Record pace. I'd like to see someone post some info on what Bo's best time was ( based on fact ).

JJ777 said:
I had been reading the forums and everyone saying how fast Brown is for his size and that he is the second coming of Bo Jackson. So I did some research and...

On the ESPN website it states that Bo Jackson at 6'1", 230 lbs, ran a 4.12 40 yard dash. If I recall correctly, this was run at the NFL combine after his senior year of college. Reportedly this is the best 40 yard dash in the history of the combine and beating out Neon Deion Sanders who at 6'1", 180 lbs ran a 4.15.

Their height and weight seem about right and Im guessing similiar builds but...Ronnie Brown ran a 4.4+...Bo Jackson ran a FRIGGIN 4.12!!! DANG!!!

Not that Im down on RB...but he aint no BJ.

ronnie brown is no bo jackson period......bo is the man

Just because a player had a faster forty time than someone else doesn't mean there going to be better, they may reach the endzone faster, but as long as they get to the endzone. If you want to persuade me you have to give me more evidence than forty times.

Where did it get Bo? One injury and he's done with football. I'll take a healthy 4.4+ over Bo's 4.12

Back
Top Bottom