Ronnie Brown

Miami Dolphins Running Back, Selected 2nd Overall in 2005 Draft
clear.gif

Stats
Height: 6-0
Weight: 230
2004 Rushing Yards: 913
2004 TDs: 8

Considered by many to be the best all-around prospect at running back heading into the 2005 NFL draft, Ronnie Brown is looking to build a successful pro career after starring for four years at Auburn University. Brown rushed for 913 yards in 2004 and made a name for himself in the collegiate ranks as a strong, workmanlike player. A punishing runner, Brown averaged a stunning 6.0 yards per carry while helping the Tigers to a 13-0 season. With the help of the trainers at Athletes’ Performance in Arizona, Brown’s stock rose in the 2005 NFL Draft after he dropped his time in the 40-yard dash to 4.44 and his body fat to 6 percent in preparation for his first professional training camp. He was selected second overall by the Miami Dolphins and is currently getting ready for his first professional training camp.

What’s in his locker:

The guy does have a very Bo-ish image, doesn't he.

Lets hope he really does turn out to be the next Bo Jackson.

ckparrothead said:

minus the hip injury...

Go Fins!!!

ckparrothead said:

one could only hope

this kid is the real deal people i just can't wait till the pads go on.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:

Ya I know!! I cant wait for the first time he just plows over somebody and then hits the button for the NOS and pulls away from some DBs! :evil:

Nasty

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
i'm just not getting my hopes up until he proves himself i'm just going to act like he's not here

I'm not pretending he's not here, just not getting my hopes up too much until I see him in the pre-season games.

The first time I ever saw Ricky was against us in a pre-season game when he was in his rookie year with the Saints. I think he averaged like 6 yards or something like that a carry. He was bowling people over and just punishing people. Pre-season game or not, was plowing over our 1st team defense for huge chunks of yardage.

At that point I said to myself that although trading an entire draft for the guy is too much but at least he is going to be an awesome runner in the league.

I hope Brown shows us the same the first time we see him against another NFL team.

Back
Top Bottom