Ronnie Brown. Show him the money | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie Brown. Show him the money

The contract Manning signed today is for six years and $45 million and includes incentives that would increase the value of the contract.[this is from the Giants website]

If this is the contract that the number one got last year the 2nd pick this year could get something similar due to the % increase but I dont think that it will be much more than that b/c Alex smith was asking for a contract a little bigger than that one, and the 9ers dont want to pay that. There is no way that Miami pays that much and especially for a RB, Qbs are much more valuable.

I think you will see a 5 year contract because there is only 5 years left in the current CBA and therefore signing bonuses can only be prorated out for 5 years at the moment. So a seven year contract would not help prorate down the signing bonus. My guess is a 15 million signing bonus and a base around 2 mil with a 25% esculator per year and incentives.
Just a guess mind you

This is the problem in the NFL there needs to be a rookie cap. I am all for incentives but prove something first!

The sticking point will be that Gallery was a left tackle(one of the highest paid positions) while a RB probably averages less. I don't know if it is purely based on draft position or if the actual position played also goes into the equation.

Back
Top Bottom