RONNIE gets NO RESPECT! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RONNIE gets NO RESPECT!

oteroed

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Why does Ronnie Brown get no respect?
Some say Ricky will be the featured back for the Dolphins next year. So many are afraid to let Ricky go. Ronnie is good...he shown flashes of that...he will be better next year.

I am all for Schuab...he's young, smart, and manages the game well. Now a days that's whats important. Not a flashy, scrambling, big arm QB.
Tom Brady style QBs win succeed in the NFL.

oteroed said:
Some say Ricky will be the featured back for the Dolphins next year. So many are afraid to let Ricky go. Ronnie is good...he shown flashes of that...he will be better next year.

I am all for Schuab...he's young, smart, and manages the game well. Now a days that's whats important. Not a flashy, scrambling, big arm QB.

Schaub (as has been stated before) in West Coast Offense type of quarterback. I agree that Ronnie is a stud. We just have to wait and see what Saban has in mind. I have a feeling he knows exactly what he is going to do with R&R.

I don't think it's a lack of respect it's more a matter of a great luxury to have two backs that are both solid players. After four preseason games sixteen regular season games thats twenty games by the time you get to the playoffs. That can realy take a toll on the body.
While it does limit individule success it is better for team success,and that is what we are after.

we just need to find the system that utilizes ronnie talents which are many. that takes time. Ricky one more year can help him get passed teh sophomore jinx and into stardom in year 3 once we totally figure out the passing game with him because we started to see flashes of it but he did have a little fumble probs, but he will get passed that.

that said, ricky could still be traded but i think he would be more used to move up in the draft in first round I think. otherwise ricky goes nowhere. Just MO.

welderpat said:
I don't think it's a lack of respect it's more a matter of a great luxury to have two backs that are both solid players. After four preseason games sixteen regular season games thats twenty games by the time you get to the playoffs. That can realy take a toll on the body.
While it does limit individule success it is better for team success,and that is what we are after.

All true unless, by trading one of the solid backs we have nets us the ability to trade up for a franchise qb, a starting CB, a starting S, a LB, or someother positional player that gets us what we are after...I won't be disapointed if we don't trade RW, but will we be able to fill the holes we have and upgrade where we need with the current picks and FA ?? I don't know, but I do know that an additional day one draft pick could go a long way towards that.

We would not be much less of a team without RW. That's not a knock on him, but a tribute to what Ronnie can do. The problem of utilizing both backs to where we get the most from both of them wasn't accomplished last year, but needs to be done this season, if we keep both.

I don't think there is any lack of respect for RB...Ricky has proven that he can be the feature back. Ronnie hasn't as of yet, but that isn't his fault either. He hasn't been asked to do that yet...that's not a knock on him, just a pleasant fact that we don't have to force him to be the feature back as long as we have RW...

oteroed said:

Ronnie's not quite ready I think he really needs to watch Ricky and see how a Rb hit a hole because I think he problem was 1) He's a rookie.2) He blocked and catch too much because of Caddy.3) He needs to remember the GOLDEN RULE about being a Rb hit the hole hard,fast,and decisive!!!!!!!

dirtyb163 said:
Ronnie's not quite ready I think he really needs to watch Ricky and see how a Rb hit a hole because I think he problem was 1) He's a rookie.2) He blocked and catch too much because of Caddy.3) He needs to remember the GOLDEN RULE about being a Rb hit the hole hard,fast,and decisive!!!!!!!

I seem to remember [and yes it is getting more difficult these days] in a few games when Ronnie was running to the hole and he hesitated before turning it on - I don't know if it was indecision or if he was committed and wanted the hole to get bigger [not], but for whatever reason, we need to see less of those. He did have some good runs though. I feel that in time he will turn into a good if not great RB and hopefully a HOF'er one day.

FinzFan said:
I seem to remember [and yes it is getting more difficult these days] in a few games when Ronnie was running to the hole and he hesitated before turning it on - I don't know if it was indecision or if he was committed and wanted the hole to get bigger [not], but for whatever reason, we need to see less of those. He did have some good runs though. I feel that in time he will turn into a good if not great RB and hopefully a HOF'er one day.

It's called a rookie missed most of training camp. He stared rolling after a couple of games. The guy has done a lot with the limited amount of touched he received.

Why does people implie we don't give Ronnie respect. He will be alot better after a couple of years with a rushing champ, pro-bowl MVP that single handedly carried our beloved franchise while taking a beating the whole time with 35+ carries a game. Ricky is one of the most talented backs to ever lace them up and their is alot of backs without his knowledge and work ethic that could learn from him.

ronnie is better than ricky...u all r so blind. u remember the last two games of the season when ricky was running against teams that were exactly pulling for a playoff spot.

Reverend Fin said:
Schaub (as has been stated before) in West Coast Offense type of quarterback.

See now thats not entirely true, the West Coast Offense is all he has played in. He has the arm to play in a verticle game like we have. In fact towards the end of the year we were not as verticle as some would believe. Once Chambers and Booker switched roles we were throwing more intermediate routes and allowing CC to do what he does best and thats run after the catch. Schaub has more than enough arm and accuracy for that, with the occasional deep ball.

Ark139954 said:
ronnie is better than ricky...u all r so blind. u remember the last two games of the season when ricky was running against teams that were exactly pulling for a playoff spot.
What was Ronnie doing at that time?

Back
Top Bottom