Rookie Linebacker Jamal Davis II Set To Make NFL Debut | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookie Linebacker Jamal Davis II Set To Make NFL Debut

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
Rookie linebacker Jamal Davis II, who joined the Dolphins this week, is looking forward to making his NFL debut.
When that happens, it will make him the fourth player from Akron to play for the Dolphins, which includes Hall of Famer Jason Taylor.
“I’ve been getting that since I’ve been here actually,” said Davis, who was claimed off waivers from the Tennessee Titans on Tuesday. “Like, Jason Taylor, Akron, University of Akron and stuff. I know he probably heard and we’ll talk soon hopefully. But it’s dope. It’s very dope.”
Davis, who had 31.5 tackles for loss his last two seasons at Akron, said he has been communicating with Taylor since the 2018 season, though the two never met in person.
AP Photo/Kevin M. Cox

“I got his number and we’ve texted a few times and stuff like that,” Davis said. “It’s a blessing to have a legend, be able to text a legend. But I haven’t met him in person or anything, but I’m looking forward to that hopefully one day.
“Yeah, (he gave) good advice. He just told me to continue to go hard, never give up, continue to strive for greatness and good things will come. That’s what I’ve been doing.”
Davis joined the Dolphins after spending time this year with the Houston Texans, who signed him as an undrafted free agent, the Indianapolis Colts. He’s hoping to make his stay in South Florida a long one.
“I’ve got to come out here every day and prove myself now,” Davis said. “Now that I’m active, I can’t get content with just being active. I want to go out there Sunday and show what I’ve got and hopefully they have the mind-set to keep me around here for a long time after I do.”

If he’s even just a little bit like JT, I’ll be pleasantly surprised and thrilled.

There are 40 guys on the roster with 3 or fewer years of NFL experience. That does not include the ones stashed on IR. They are really maximizing the young development curve. I am very interested to see how many of them Improve by a notable amount.

I miss having an impact LB on the team. We haven't had one since Zach.

I'd love to have a Keuchley or someone of that caliber leading the defense. Who are the top LBs in the upcoming draft that we might look at?

I miss having an impact LB on the team. We haven't had one since Zach.

I'd love to have a Keuchley or someone of that caliber leading the defense. Who are the top LBs in the upcoming draft that we might look at?
Whatever position Eguavoen is playing. Draft that. He needs off the field.

These kids are the easiest to coach. They'll run thru a wall just to get a chance. Glad so many of them are getting a chance to at least get some playing time this year.

Stoobz, I believe that the problem with this list is that most of these guys are inside backers. Downhill players won't run, chase and hit... and I think we have that already. Look at the way these guys are listed; the only one that is listed as OLB is really a safety.

You are looking at the wrong list. Go to their list of Edge players and see which ones are listed as 3-4 linebackers. THOSE are the guys we want.

Stoobz, I believe that the problem with this list is that most of these guys are inside backers. Downhill players won't run, chase and hit... and I think we have that already. Look at the way these guys are listed; the only one that is listed as OLB is really a safety.

You are looking at the wrong list. Go to their list of Edge players and see which ones are listed as 3-4 linebackers. THOSE are the guys we want.
I had it pulled up but I didn't want to flood the thread. I love Tankathons' info, it's one of several sites I use - probably the easiest on the eyes. So here it is, EDGE rushers ;)

1576335488118.png

Back
Top Bottom