Rosen Believes He Can Be Miami's Franchise Qb | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen Believes He Can Be Miami's Franchise Qb

Phindog

Active Roster
Reaction score
Rosen believes he can be Miami's franchise QB

DAVIE, Fla. -- Josh Rosen didn't really know his time with Arizona Cardinalswas over until he got a call a few minutes before the draft, and after being shipped off to the Miami Dolphins for pennies on a dollar he's embracing the adversity. Rosen is treating 2019 as a one-year tryout to prove to the Dolphins that he can be their answer at quarterback.

"Very rarely do you get a second chance to make a first impression," Rosen said. "It felt like I got drafted twice."

Rosen made a strong first impression in his first appearance in Miami. He didn't shy away from questions. He spoke about the emotions of Arizona drafting Kyler Murray and dumping him in Miami. He defended himself against criticism that he was a bad teammate and leader.

"I think I'm a really good teammate. What I've tried to do is not say or do anything extra, just kind of be me and keep my head down, and eventually the story will straighten out," Rosen said. "I think it has for the most part. Time and consistency are the best medicine to cure the narrative.''

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26635030/rosen-believes-miami-franchise-qb

For real I hope Rosen is just like Farve who also got traded right away... it's the most optimistic I've been we might have a franchise QB since Ol Magic Man Dan himself.
Just trying to find out is going to make every snap this season more exciting.

I’ll reserve judgement on the kid until after the season. I sure as hell will not compare him to other qbs, especially HOF qbs, because he’s not like those other qbs. He had a tough season last year, I want to see if he learned anything.

I got my hopes up with Tannehill, never again.

That's fine.

I wouldn't want him here, at this point, if he didn't believe that he could be good.

I'm rooting for the kid to do well of course cause he's our QB. People should not blind themselves thinking this will be easy. He was with a bad team last year but we're not a good team either at this point. He has some talent for sure or else he wouldn't have been drafted that high. What I want to see more than anything is, can he be accurate? His best season in college % wise was just 62% completion. That's not as good as I'd have liked for him to be at. I know that can be a combination of things and not everything is his fault. I believe he's smart and has pretty good pocket awareness so there are things there to work with and he'll have O'shea and Caldwell to work with. I believe the best way for this coaching staff to help him out is by using a qucik short passing game to go along with play action, specially if we can get the running game going.

Every defense on the schedule will load up the LOS and make him beat them till he shows he can do it so we'll have to go on top at least from time to time but 3 step drops and the ball is gone early and often would be a good way to start so they can build up his confidence.

I'm shocked no one asked him if he was HOF material!

Seriously --- it's so ridiculously premature flirting with the
USDA certified "franchise QB" label it's nauseating!

Beyond that -- what's the kid supposed to say?

"No, I suck!"

He's got a long, long way to go to prove anything at this point.

My opinion. Of course.

BTW: I'm talking about the media...

Last edited:
I think Miami will get at least 10 receptions per game from their backs and tight ends this season. That will greatly help whoever the qb is completion % wise.

Back
Top Bottom