Rosen could be traded *UPDATE ROSEN RELEASED* | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen could be traded *UPDATE ROSEN RELEASED*

Something going on w Rosen because he have talent. He is not getting it done on field.

I am beginning to suspect two things.

1) Rosen wasn't the fit that our HC is looking for and,
2) The FO is really being very careful with our long term salary investments.

The fact that we kept Rosen long enough to pay his initial bonus this year indicates to me he probably isn't as bad as many here proclaim.

The fact that we cut him to get down to the 53 man roster indicates to me he was a "back up plan" that was no longer needed for any number of reasons; reasons that we can only speculate about.

I was reading a Tampa Bay forum and their general consensus is they got a steal. It turns out several teams (they were not named) offered Rosen a spot on their roster, but he went with Tampa for two reasons:
1) He felt he would have a better situation on a team with Tom Brady and a former coach along with some serious potential and a strong offense
2) His youth gives him an advantage, being on a team whose current QB's have an average age of just under 40.

It seems to me, assuming that Rosen actually used that kind of reasoning, that Rosen is:
1) A lot smarter then people are giving him credit for.
2) Has learned what's really important on the business side of NFL football from the situations he found himself in thru for the last two years, and applied it.
3) Appreciates an opportunity to take advantage of a situation where fit, coaching and personnel are more important than money.

It will be interesting to see which QB's get into a Superbowl first, Tua or Rosen, or Tannehill.

After one of these QB's gets into a Superbowl, The Lemmings on this board will self identify by leaving their Lemming droppings and spraying the board with their Lemming juice!

That will be an insightful and entertaining day!

The fact that we kept Rosen long enough to pay his initial bonus this year indicates to me he probably isn't as bad as many here proclaim.

The fact that we cut him to get down to the 53 man roster indicates to me he was a "back up plan" that was no longer needed for any number of reasons; reasons that we can only speculate about.

I was reading a Tampa Bay forum and their general consensus is they got a steal. It turns out several teams (they were not named) offered Rosen a spot on their roster, but he went with Tampa for two reasons:
1) He felt he would have a better situation on a team with Tom Brady and a former coach along with some serious potential and a strong offense
2) His youth gives him an advantage, being on a team whose current QB's have an average age of just under 40.

It seems to me, assuming that Rosen actually used that kind of reasoning, that Rosen is:
2) Has learned what's really important on the business side of NFL football from the situations he found himself in thru for the last two years, and applied it.
3) Appreciates an opportunity to take advantage of a situation where fit, coaching and personnel are more important than money.

It will be interesting to see which QB's get into a Superbowl first, Tua or Rosen, or Tannehill.

After one of these QB's gets into a Superbowl, The Lemmings on this board will self identify by leaving their Lemming droppings and spraying the board with their Lemming juice!

It's probably worth the pay cut to him to see how Brady conducts himself and prepares as a professional.

I wasn't a fan of the trade. We got rid of Tannehill to find an "elite" QB. I didn't understand the logic of trading for Rosen given that Arizonn obviously preferred to draft a better QB themselves.

That being said, I would have kept Rosen around as a backup.

"Rosen was cut for financial reasons. He outplayed Tua Head to Head in training camp and has a stronger arm. Tua expected to sell more tickets/merchandise in future for Dolphins
?
& NFL." Taken from other sources.........
The same sources who said Miami would pass on Tua altogether - too brittle lol

Most of this board thought we got a steal too. The hell does that have to do with anything?

Also, nobody said Rosen wasn't smart off the field. On the field though, he's football dumb. They are very separate things. Gore scored a 6 on the Wonderlic because he has a learning disability, but nobody questions his genius-level vision on a football field as a quick example. Marino being another.

Rosen is going to need to be in the same system for years for anybody to get any potential value out of him. I guess you're the type of person to invest multiple years to get to the point of "maybe", but I'm not. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I wasn't a fan of the trade. We got rid of Tannehill to find an "elite" QB. I didn't understand the logic of trading for Rosen given that Arizonn obviously preferred to draft a better QB themselves.

That being said, I would have kept Rosen around as a backup.

Huh? Of course we rid ourselves of Thill to find a QB. But we had nothing at the time and we had no idea Tua would fall into our laps, we were lucky. Your post really doesn’t make much sense, we had to make a move that made sense at the time and we did, this one just didn’t work out and Tua then fell to us.

Rosen was a guy the team liked before the 2018 draft and is someone the Pat's scouted heavily and liked too. So you had a front office that liked him and a few offensive coaches that liked him so they took a chance and it failed.

Rosen supposedly has an ego but i think its very much putting extra work it. Not saying he is lazy but I get the impression he expected talent was enough and didn't want to put extra work in.

Of course h4 could also be like Jimmy Claussen where he was always insanely hyped but just wasn't that good.

Back
Top Bottom