Rosenfels might just be the adequate guy to back up fiedler after all. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosenfels might just be the adequate guy to back up fiedler after all.

finheavenfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Due to his athleticsm and arm strengh, he may push Jay Fiedler out within the time. If you all want to analize the outlook of our qb position, bringing griese might not be a bad idea but what if Sage develops into an all pro?

but wasn´t this was the CS was hoping he would do someday ?

I've watched QB S. Rosenfels close. I really don't know where all of this recent praise is coming from either. I watched him on day one of mini-camp, and he totally sucked....

I doubt if QB S. Rosenfels will ever become a starter in the NFL. He's got good arm strength, and he's a big guy, but his decision making is horrible. His brains, or lack there of, is his main problem.....

He in many ways, he's alot like QB J. Druckenmiller. He had the size, and arm, but his decision making was a major problem....

QB S. Rosenfels is still pretty young, so things should improve, but I don't see him being able to compete for the starting job any time soon....He's a solid #3 QB, but that's about it.

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:cap:

Originally posted by finheavenfan
Due to his athleticsm and arm strengh, he may push Jay Fiedler out within the time. If you all want to analize the outlook of our qb position, bringing griese might not be a bad idea but what if Sage develops into an all pro?

Griese is most likely going ot be sign to one year deal so it really doesn't make a difference.I think Sage can develop into a good starting QB.

You don't think he can develop into a starting qb and so did I thought so as well but the coaches think he can someday. He made more impressions than Cade with us which held the board clip a lot. You never know but there is a high possability that our 2 quarterbacks in our depth can be injured. Let's say we had fiedler and he gets injured then we can use griese and what if he gets injured? I think these two qb's are coming off a season of bad injuries and there is a chance that either of them can get injured. A chance but I'm not saying it will. It happened at philadelphia and they made it up to the nfc championship game.

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
I've watched QB S. Rosenfels close. I really don't know where all of this recent praise is coming from either. I watched him on day one of mini-camp, and he totally sucked....

I doubt if QB S. Rosenfels will ever become a starter in the NFL. He's got good arm strength, and he's a big guy, but his decision making is horrible. His brains, or lack there of, is his main problem.....

He in many ways, he's alot like QB J. Druckenmiller. He had the size, and arm, but his decision making was a major problem....

QB S. Rosenfels is still pretty young, so things should improve, but I don't see him being able to compete for the starting job any time soon....He's a solid #3 QB, but that's about it.

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:cap:

Jay's decision making skills sucked in his first year. You can teach a player to think on the field...you can't teach physical skills.

Lucas was praised by the coachs too before he started 6 games last year.

And don't forget the 2 kids from last year training camp, after the first minicamp they were impressed by the arm of one and by the ability of the other.

Lucas isn't really a bad quarterback, he just struggled in our system and it cost us games. I believe he can be a better player somewhere else. If kurt warner struggled in all his games last year then it doesn't mean he is a bad qb. For sage, if he gets a grasp in this system and makes quick reads then he will have a good chance of starting sometime.

Actaully I thought it was reported Sage had a very good day the first day and an average day the second. He needs time in the system to learn and devlop. I think with the approach Norv is taking with him, he will be good in time.

This is SOOOOO typical...

a few days into mini-camps, and a star is born...

the same thing happens EVERY season...

Originally posted by T-ROCK
This is SOOOOO typical...

a few days into mini-camps, and a star is born...

the same thing happens EVERY season...

Yea, how ridiculous... I remember this time last year everyone was saying, "McMichael this" and "McMichael that" like he was something special.... Shows what they know huh?

Originally posted by 13isgr81

Yea, how ridiculous... I remember this time last year everyone was saying, "McMichael this" and "McMichael that" like he was something special.... Shows what they know huh?
:lol: :lol:

Blitz I'm starting to wonder what the hell are you seeing? Sage has all the tools to be a great backup and a potential starter down the road. I'm not sure if you attended practices when Lucas was the back up, what I see in Sage is night and day compared to what I saw in Lucas over the last three years. I always saw Lucas with happy feet and unable to read defense and go through his progressions..What I see and Sage is a complete Qb that will only get better with more Reps. To avoid the headache that Griese would bring I would rather have Sage..

Mini-camps are, for the most part, meaningless. Anyone remember last year when Ray Green was awesome at mini camp?

You must be kidding, Lucas was horrible and it had nothing to do with the system. 6 to's in the Buffalo game was bad enough, but to me the last two plays in the second Jets game were enough to convict him of 1st degree SUCKDOM!!

Back
Top Bottom