Rosenfels stands out! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosenfels stands out!

shalafi3455

Big Dawg
Reaction score
From the Sun-Sentinal

Rosenfels stands out

Wannstedt had high praise for third-string quarterback Sage Rosenfels after Tuesday's practice. "He should probably be the starter the way he played," said Wannstedt, whose team has A.J. Feeley and Jay Fiedler competing for that role. "He completed more balls than the other guys." ...

Now if this is really true I don't care what there paying Feeley and Fiedler! I want to see the best QB as the starter and it if Sage so be it!

He was kinda laughing when he said it....I think he was only half serious but, there is plenty of time for Sage to prove himself if Dave is already taking notice.

inFINSible said:
He was kinda laughing when he said it....I think he was only half serious but, there is plenty of time for Sage to prove himself if Dave is already taking notice.

Oh really I didn't see the interview! Just what I read in online! I get the impression that no matter how he does Sage won't get the starting job! They have it in there head that it's will be either Feeley or Fiedler! Which isn't right if the post is open! Not that I have a lot of info about how Sage is actually doing, but like you said if Wanny is taking notice then he must be playing pretty well! I guess we'll have to wait and see!

shalafi3455 said:
Oh really I didn't see the interview! Just what I read in online! I get the impression that no matter how he does Sage won't get the starting job! They have it in there head that it's will be either Feeley or Fiedler! Which isn't right if the post is open! Not that I have a lot of info about how Sage is actually doing, but like you said if Wanny is taking notice then he must be playing pretty well! I guess we'll have to wait and see!
This is the press conference.... ...he starts talking about Sage...right around 4 minutes in...... :D

It's only minicamp. While no one here should get down on Feely after a couple of poor practices, to judge Rosenfels and Fielder over good practices is just as foolish.

Thanks for the link! Wanny pretty much sang everyone's praises like a coach should for PR reasons! I would like to see Sage get a real shot at the spot! Things that I have read regarding him sounds like he "could" be the best of the three! Once again though who know's! Doing it in practice means nothing if he can't do it during the games!

It's kind of funny how they brought in Feeley for the starting job and he "could" end up being the #3 guy! He probably won't but he could!

NYJ said:
It's only minicamp. While no one here should get down on Feely after a couple of poor practices, to judge Rosenfels and Fielder over good practices is just as foolish.
That's cool, and you're right but, we haven't heard much of anything, positive or negative about Sage, so this little sound bite is going to be put through the wringer regardless of what time of year it is. ;)

NYJ said:

Oh I'm not judging him for it I would just like to see him get a legitimit fair shot at the starting spot if he is playing well!

Haha, the audio clip of Wanny sounds like a bad imitation haha. I sure hope that if Sage was truly the talent for the job that the Fins personel would swallow their pride and admit their screw-up on grabbing Feeley. IF thats the case.

Something the papers quoted Wannstedt saying made it sound like DW was vaulting Sage into the mix to compete for the starting job...but when I listened to it I didn't get that impression at all just that he's really proud of Sage and still thinks highly of him and Dave is a bit disappointed with his AJ and Jay right now, but there's no way in heck Sage wins unless something dramatic happens.

ckparrothead said:
Something the papers quoted Wannstedt saying made it sound like DW was vaulting Sage into the mix to compete for the starting job...but when I listened to it I didn't get that impression at all just that he's really proud of Sage and still thinks highly of him and Dave is a bit disappointed with his AJ and Jay right now, but there's no way in heck Sage wins unless something dramatic happens.

yea that was my feeling as well!

ckparrothead said:

I think you hit the nail on the head, and Sage was not even throwing in the 11 on 11 drills, and if he did it was only two or three throws.

Sage looked very well in the individual drills, especially after practice.

Ozzy said:
I think you hit the nail on the head, and Sage was not even throwing in the 11 on 11 drills, and if he did it was only two or three throws.

Sage looked very well in the individual drills, especially after practice.

It doens't mean spit unless there are lineman in there spearing to take his head off. Know what I mean?:confused: :)

Back
Top Bottom