Rosenhaus changes his tune | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosenhaus changes his tune

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...pr25,0,3614125.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

From the article above:
"It's probably safe to say that a trade is unlikely," said his agent, Drew Rosenhaus. "Our hope is to get a long-term deal as soon as possible. Hopefully now that the Dolphins have gotten through the draft, they can now make [Ogunleye] a priority."

Say what you want about the man, he's a pragmatist. :)

Quite honestly, there comes a point where you bluff so much, that your credibility is shot and it harms your clients. Rosenhaus has crossed that point.

That's what was going to happen in the end. Wale will get paid, it's only fair. He deserves it, and he's going to be a Dolphins for years to come. Rosenwhore is just being he's usual self. give Wale his $.

how much we have to pay carey btw ??? as a 19th pick overall ? how much are we under the cap atm ???

Quite honestly, there comes a point where you bluff so much, that your credibility is shot and it harms your clients. Rosenhaus has crossed that point

I agree. The drama he has been causing has realy made him look like an ***.

Yea We Need Ogun...with Nfl Teams Loading Up With Good Offensive And Defensive Players We Need To Keep Up On The Defensive Side....

I say if Jason Taylor is getting 8 million this year, Ogun has to be worth at least half that. If the cap space is there, lets make him happy, and give him a 4 year contract. The problem is that whats going to make him and Drew Rosenhous happy is a little more than what we're will to pay.

Last edited by a moderator:
He'll be with us and we should all be happy about that.

Ozzy rules!!

Spaz....it depends on how it is structured, but what does that mean for CC ?? If we give Ogun the big contract this year, that leaves us in the same situation with CC next year....Perhaps, I'm wrong, but that is the way it is shaping up....I think that is why RS has not made any moves to lock him up long term....The worst case scenario has him playing for the tender offer and then losing him in 2005...but that wouldn't be too bad if we lock up CC longterm...Due to the cap, we can not cut or trade JT, ZT, SM, PS any time soon...(not that I want to) These guys tie up a ton of money but we can't get rid of them (via trades or cutting) for two or three years because of the cap hits. 2005 is going to be a real problem for us with the cap and 2006 may be worse. We have to tread very carefully with Ogun and CC....It's going to be an interesting couple of years in regards to the cap....

pigskinguy said:
Won't we just tag CC anyway?

Well, we sure wouldn't put a franchise tag on him. I don't care how much we all like Chambers, there's no way he deserves to be paid as a top 5 WR. A transition tag would, I believe, mandate paying him as a top 10 WR. That's pretty dubious, but with a big year, he might merit a transition tag.

Back
Top Bottom