Rosenhaus said.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosenhaus said....

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
McKinney will be our starting C Vs the New York Giants...and If he plays good enough...he will be the starter for the rest of the year.

Secondly.....this is a SHOCKER to me, LT Mark Dixon (who is healthy) will be on the bench..the Phins will keep Wade Smith in at LT, and Dixon is not taking over a Guard position unless someone gets injured...thats shocking news to me. :eek:

Good depth having Ruddy and Dixon on the bench though.

Originally posted by Prime Time
McKinney will be our starting C Vs the New York Giants...and If he plays good enough...he will be the starter for the rest of the year.

Secondly.....this is a SHOCKER to me, LT Mark Dixon (who is healthy) will be on the bench..the Phins will keep Wade Smith in at LT, and Dixon is not taking over a Guard position unless someone gets injured...thats shocking news to me. :eek:

Good depth having Ruddy and Dixon on the bench though.

Both moves if true make a lot of sense to me.

Ruddy has been sharing time since pre-season with McKinney. Now that Ruddy is coming off of knee surgery it only makes sense to play McKinney who has to be much healthier than Ruddy at this point.

Same with Dixon. Wade Smith has been playing lights out. He has looked like a LT, something Dixon never looked like.

Oliver...

Ruddy is out for 4 to 6 weeks, so when he does comeback and Seth keeps the starting C job, the depth will be when and were we need it, late season push into the playoffs. Whether Seth keeps the job or not it's good experiance for him going down the stretch and into next year as the starter.Dixon on the other hand, I find it hard to beleive, but they may want to see how long Wade Smith can go at LT before having to replacing him, and let Dixon heal to 100%. But I doubt it will sit well with Dixon riding the pine.

Dixon should not be on the bench...he should be moved to LG and then move LG Jamie Nails to RG, benching Todd Perry.

Dixon should not be on the bench...he should be moved to LG and then move LG Jamie Nails to RG, benching Todd Perry.

Here we go again. Todd Perry is prob our BEST O-Lineman right now. You do not bench a Todd Perry unless you are willing to break up a very good OL.

Maybe you can do this when Nails is healthy, but even when healthy do U risk breaking up a group that is playing so well?

I know I wouldn't.

Oliver...

I'd have to agree, that appears to be the plan. But Hows Nails Playing?

That leaves Greg Jerman as our backup LT. Might as well have a matador out there.

Perry has outplayed Nails. So if anyone went to the bench, it would be Nails.

Originally posted by Muck

That leaves Greg Jerman as our backup LT. Might as well have a matador out there.

Good points...actually 2 very good points.

Originally posted by Muck

See that's why thing are rarely what they appear to be, good timing Muck.:)

I hope Dixon splits time with Nails. Should give the interior OL a boost.

I gotta agree with Oliver for once, Perry while not being great, has bene the most consistant linemen this year and to me, has solidified his starter's spot for now. Wade Smith has played well as a rookie LT and shouldn't be taken out until it is obvious he is overmatched. Dixon is always injured but can help out by adding depth and spot starting if needed. I see no need to break up this line until they give us a reason.

I don't find it surprising at all that McKinney and Smith will keep their spots.

I too agree. I think we use Dixon to spell Smith and Nails. This will help Dixon regain his timing and conditioning and also help not burn out Smith or nails. Nails is coming off surgery and could use a few reps off. Smith could hit a rookie wall if used too much. This could help him also.

We don't need Smith to hit a wall in Dec. By then Dixon shouyld be in great game shape.

Prime Time, when you watch the game you obviously don't watch the O-line play because if you did you would see that Perry has been outperforming Nails by a longshot. In fact they are on the opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of their play, with Perry arguably our best lineman (along with Todd Wade) and Nails our worst. Nails is definitely not completely healed from his achilles injurey last year and has been playing tentatively while Todd Wade and Perry have been dominating their side of the line.

However I do agree that Dixon should be considered for the LG postion because it's his natural position and when he was there is played at pro-bowl caliber. He may not be quite ready to play yet but I would like to see him push Nails because someone needs to.

There is no dispute, due to NAils struggling healthwise, todd perry is the best Guard on the team (actually playing hte position), I say let Nails heal up some more then when theres a matchup that wade smith cant handle u can move dixon back over to left tackle and put nails back in...

I think that the addition of McKinney to the starting line only makes us nastier! I like Ruddy, but he just doesn't seem to be nasty enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom