Rosenhaus said.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosenhaus said....

2 points - first of all, I was unaware that Dave Wannstedt had been canned and replaced by Drew Rosenhaus.

And secondly, I am continually stunned at how people jump on the bandwagon over a player and ride that consistently, no matter what. How many times do I hear people who clearly don't watch the games properly, whinging about the play of Perry. Staggering.

Originally posted by Boomer
2 points - first of all, I was unaware that Dave Wannstedt had been canned and replaced by Drew Rosenhaus.

And secondly, I am continually stunned at how people jump on the bandwagon over a player and ride that consistently, no matter what. How many times do I hear people who clearly don't watch the games properly, whinging about the play of Perry. Staggering.

Perry has not only been the best this year, but the best the last few! I was one that complained after he was signed though, because he came in with a rep, that he was a nassy lineman. And I just did not see it!

He won me over by simply being the absolute most consistant lineman that very rarely makes a mistake!

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd Wade has been pretty consistant...why not give him props??

Muck, while I do understand your point about Jerman being our backup LT, what's to say Dixon can't shift back outside and Nails be re-inserted into the game if/when smith needs to be taken out?

Dixon is one of the best five o-lineman we have and thus, should be playing somewhere.

That said, he is rather injury prone and it may serve him best to be a swing G/T and be a backup for interior positions and Ruddy be the backup RG and C when he returns.

That's a pretty solid deep line that only leaves a hole if something happens to Wade. Jerman may be able to handle that spot rather well though if he's made the team two years in a row. (He was on the opening day roster right?)

I really would like Dixon to spell W.Smith and Nails. I don't know how good he would be playing two positions though. He'll probably backup/spell Wade Smith, and come in on short yardage situations.

Wade Smith and Mark Dixon should share time, to confuse DE's.

Originally posted by Prime Time
McKinney will be our starting C Vs the New York Giants...and If he plays good enough...he will be the starter for the rest of the year.

Secondly.....this is a SHOCKER to me, LT Mark Dixon (who is healthy) will be on the bench..the Phins will keep Wade Smith in at LT, and Dixon is not taking over a Guard position unless someone gets injured...thats shocking news to me. :eek:

Good depth having Ruddy and Dixon on the bench though.

Take what he says witha grain of salt.... he also said Brian Griese would be the starting QB.

LT's do not hit the rookie wall like receivers and rb's. Why? Because the amound of attention they get does not change. Now if he was a DE I could understand what you are going at.

McKinney should be our starter at C. Perry should stay at his spot. Nails playing time should be split in half.

Wade has probably been the 3rd best and definitely not the most deserving of praise as he is whining his *** off for some big time money for a RT.

I don't think Perry has been our best OL out there, but he most definitely has been better than Jamie Nails. I like Dixon being ready to come in at the first injury, at just about any position on the line, and perform extremely well...maybe even winning the spot.

And is it me or do we seem to have more success running the ball when Seth McKinney is in at center? I think we do.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
And is it me or do we seem to have more success running the ball when Seth McKinney is in at center? I think we do.

It may be true but I've watched tape of the O-line play repeatedly and haven't noticed much difference...they're both playing cosistenly well. At this point in both of their careers, if McKinney is playing as well as Ruddy then then you might as well go with him because he still has upside. Ruddy been solid his whole careere but i doubt that he'll get any better. I noticed that McKinney seems to play with a bit more emotion than Ruddy and while he's as smart as Ruddy (obviously a great quality for a center) I still think that he has to add some strength.

Well I do know one thing. Our most impressive drive this season came with Seth McKinney at the helm...in the 4th quarter against the Bills when we ran like 12 straight times for 70 yards and a TD.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Well I do know one thing. Our most impressive drive this season came with Seth McKinney at the helm...in the 4th quarter against the Bills when we ran like 12 straight times for 70 yards and a TD.

No doubt

Back
Top Bottom