Ross's Bad Buisiness Practice | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross's Bad Buisiness Practice

I've heard Ross is a loser, a dope, a moron, knows nothing about business etc...

Some of you need your head examined. You don't become a billionaire, unless you've won a few battles and lost a few. It's called RISK. The bigger the risk, the bigger reward. Investment 101.

Actually him giving money back is a pretty classy thing to do considering most corporations/banks/institutions would find some excuse to screw people.

I really wish people would stop with all the Ross hate. I honestly believe it's not even against Ross. It could be anyone that owns the team right now.

Oh how I remember how everyone wanted Huizenga's head during that 2007 season.

Don't be mad the geek from high school became filthy rich, while you drank whisky and chased skanky skirts.

Go make your own billion so you can buy the dolphins.

for real? first off i dont hate anyone who makes millions or billions. i applaud them. second, just because Ross is a big time real estate player doesnt in anyway mean he has the competance to run a football team. and what are you saying by the bigger the risk the bigger the reward in terms of football? hire a few celebs? bring in and keep a staff who picks up other players trash and signs undfrafted trash who no one else wants hoping they will be a star? brining in trash QBs hoping they will amount to something? keeping a coach knowing he is a complete moron? oh i know, go looking for another coach publicly while the position is oocupied. yeah, that screams good business. how can you sit there and defend a man that has done all this and still say he knows something about football? we already know he's good at real estate, fine, let him buy all the property in the world... who gives a ****? investment 101 will tell you that you dont invest in something you dont know **** about. we all know he didnt do all this himself but he has hired and gave his people direction... and that is the direction he had brought this team so far... until i see something different, you cant tell me he is a competant owner of an nfl team.

for real? first off i dont hate anyone who makes millions or billions. i applaud them. second, just because Ross is a big time real estate player doesnt in anyway mean he has the competance to run a football team. and what are you saying by the bigger the risk the bigger the reward in terms of football? hire a few celebs? bring in and keep a staff who picks up other players trash and signs undfrafted trash who no one else wants hoping they will be a star? brining in trash QBs hoping they will amount to something? keeping a coach knowing he is a complete moron? oh i know, go looking for another coach publicly while the position is oocupied. yeah, that screams good business. how can you sit there and defend a man that has done all this and still say he knows something about football? we already know he's good at real estate, fine, let him buy all the property in the world... who gives a ****? investment 101 will tell you that you dont invest in something you dont know **** about. we all know he didnt do all this himself but he has hired and gave his people direction... and that is the direction he had brought this team so far... until i see something different, you cant tell me he is a competant owner of an nfl team.

Please read of the few previous posts by Nublar and others. Then you'd realize who is responsible for the football side of the operation.

I know you're upset and unhappy, but let's not be misguided. changes are coming. They aren't happening this very second because they provide no value.

And please.. if you want to discuss business, which I am more than happy to do in another place... I oversee 2500 people. I would enjoy it.

Please read of the few previous posts by Nublar and others. Then you'd realize who is responsible for the football side of the operation.

I know you're upset and unhappy, but let's not be misguided. changes are coming. They aren't happening this very second because they provide no value.

And please.. if you want to discuss business, which I am more than happy to do in another place... I oversee 2500 people. I would enjoy it.

hell yeah im upset! i hate more than anything to watch my (our) team lose. i love this team like their my family. everyone who knows me know i love the dolphins and have since ive been in kindergaten.

and i dont care what anyon says, i know for a fact that if im an owner of any type of investment, im going into it with a full out knowledge of the industry. and, im going to hire people who have the same vision and goals as i do. now, on this basic knowledge alone, anyone knows this league has became a passing first type of environment. so call me crazy but the first thing im going to do is hire someone who has an understanding of this and not try to bring in an old school type of mind set. Parcells has a good resume but its built on an old school type of football game. Ross should have been clued in on this during the interview.

thats cool, we can talk about business, i own multiple properties myself and have employees that i oversee too. doesnt mean im going to invest in a car company without doing my homework. i guess my point is, i think Ross got into something without doing his homework. and the article pointed out in this thread is a reflection of this teams operations. lowballing the opportunity and losing out on it. just like his staff here. i just hate that this team is doing the same thing that he does in his other ventures

I've always thought that Ross is too scared to open up his wallet and spend some real money to invest in this team. With Wayne H., I never felt that way. When he was the owner, I always felt he had the best interest of the team in mind and always wanted to win - for him, money didn't matter. With Ross, that feeling is gone, and it seems like he's just along on the ride.

Maybe if Ross makes some actual moves this offseason I will feel differently, but I just get this cheap vibe from him.

Yup. Not ready to pick on Ross yet, as he inherited a decade-mess with weak leadership, BUT ....

Ole Ross learned a big lesson. He thought he could cheap out & be a slum lord by not upgrading his Miami Property (aka Team) until he could find a new Property Manager (aka Coach) ... using his silly ideas of celebrities, hand-held gizmos, etc. to get him by this year with a Three-Peat.

But ole Ross found out, not investing in Property Upgrades (aka Free Agents) for his property caused his Tenants (aka Fans) to abandon their Rentals (aka Seats).

Now Ross' going to hemorrhage tons more money over a couple years than he saved by cheaping out & driving fans away. I think he got bad advice & believed it from Ireland ... especially on OL, DBs, pass rusher, etc.

Sure will be interesting to see how he reacts to this FUBAR next year in Free Agency.

Back
Top Bottom