Roth is Ideal For our Front 7. How He'll Fit... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roth is Ideal For our Front 7. How He'll Fit...

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
Roth is 6'3 3/4 and 278 in the latest stats. In the 4-3 he'll play a lot of LDE, opposite Taylor (He played on that side in college). He'll take David Bowens spot and alternate with Kevin Carter. He can also move to the other side and spell Taylor.

In the 3-4, he can play up or down still and go to OLB.

4-3:
DE - Taylor

DT - Chester / Carter (Or, alternate Chester/Bowens at one DT; Carter/Holliday at another)

DT - Bowens / Holliday

DE - Carter / Roth

3-4:

............................... OLB/DE - Taylor
DE/DT - Holliday
................................ILB - Thomas / Crowder
NT - Chester / Bowens
................................ ILB - Seau / Crowder
DE/DT - Carter / Roth
.................................OLB/DE - Roth / Spragen

At 278 with quickness, Roth can go down at DE in a 3-4.

Plus, out of the 4-3 lineup, we can stand either Roth or Taylor up and instantly be in a 3-4. This is just the kind of flexibility that New England has with their front 7 and it wreak's havoc on offensive lines. We will do the same with that talent.

This is great stuff for our defense. Saban will be much more attacking with the DL than he was in the past.

i like him as a rushing linebacker in a 3-4. i see him as a motor that doesn't quit and another dan klecko

I cant wait to watch our defense this year. I was really sad that Surtain and Knight are gone but it looks like our defense is going to really put pressure on the QB this year. We always did with JT and Zgonina/Bowens but all of these other D-linemen we have added (Carter,Vonnie,Roth) we will be able to really switch up everyone and the new 3-4 D we will sometimes use will be fun to watch.

InMyChambers said:
i like him as a rushing linebacker in a 3-4. i see him as a motor that doesn't quit and another dan klecko

Uhh, the difference between Matt Roth and Dan Klecko is that Matt Roth will actually likely do more then waste a roster spot.

Da 'Fins said:
Roth is 6'3 3/4 and 278 in the latest stats. In the 4-3 he'll play a lot of LDE, opposite Taylor (He played on that side in college). He'll take David Bowens spot and alternate with Kevin Carter. He can also move to the other side and spell Taylor.

In the 3-4, he can play up or down still and go to OLB.

4-3:
DE - Taylor

DT - Chester / Carter (Or, alternate Chester/Bowens at one DT; Carter/Holliday at another)

DT - Bowens / Holliday

DE - Carter / Roth

3-4:

............................... OLB/DE - Taylor
DE/DT - Holliday
................................ILB - Thomas
NT - Chester / Bowens
................................ ILB - Seau
DE/DT - Carter / Roth
.................................OLB/DE - Roth / Spragen

At 278 with quickness, Roth can go down at DE in a 3-4.

Plus, out of the 4-3 lineup, we can stand either Roth or Taylor up and instantly be in a 3-4. This is just the kind of flexibility that New England has with their front 7 and it wreak's havoc on offensive lines. We will do the same with that talent.

This is great stuff for our defense. Saban will be much more attacking with the DL than he was in the past.
:wink: :)

BTW... for those hating on the Roth pick. The Raiders fans were desperate to get him at #26... and even more so at #38.

we are having a great, solid draft.

Back
Top Bottom