Rotoworld.com reports that if Pennington does not recover he could be released | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rotoworld.com reports that if Pennington does not recover he could be released

Penny will not be released.. He means more to Henne's development than our own QB coach. Not only that, if needed he is arguably the best back-up QB in the league. If Penny can instill his worth ethic, his playbook studying, and his leadership skills into Henne with all of his physical talent, we would have one hell of a franchise QB.....Penny is not going anywhere considering his value.

who writes some of these articles ofr rotoworld.. its obvious they are again completely wrong and off track. Pennington isnt going anywhere

I don't see him being cut either, but I can see him not on the 53 man roster (meaning IR or PUP for 6 weeks). I also could see them trading him, but the value would have to favor Miami (2nd or 3rd round pick from a desperate team that are contenders but lost their QB.)

And to people wanting to cut Pat White, it's not going to happen. You don't take the #44 pick from a year ago who you KNEW you had to develop and get rid of him after 1 season . . . it just doesn't happen like that. And honestly, he hasn't done anything to get cut, so I don't know why people keep saying that. Say trade, say position change (which is also a laugher), but flat out cut? Nah. What he missed 5 throws? Many times he threw after being thrown into the game on a gadget type play . . . . they put this guy into SERIOUS situations during the season, and you know what, he converted on a few plays.

He gets the most unwarranted hate on this board, and it's a damn shame. (And this is coming from a guy who absolutely HATED the pick . . . but just because i hated the pick, doesn't mean I want this guy to fail . . . in fact, the exact opposite . . . I want this guy to prove EVERYBODY wrong, and show everybody why we should have faith in our front office. Cutting him after one season just proves our front office has alot more whiffs and misses than what gets talked about when people in the media say "Coach Parcells" in a glowing light.)

Henne, Thigpen and White together don't have the experience of Pennington. i would be shocked if he was cut. if he's not healthy, put him on IR and let him be a mentor on the sidelines to all three QBs, particularly Henne.

Back
Top Bottom