rough draft mock offseason with resigns, FA signs, trades, cuts, draft, input needed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

rough draft mock offseason with resigns, FA signs, trades, cuts, draft, input needed

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
Cut:Matt Moore, Dimitri Patterson

Resign:Grimes, Soliai, Clabo, Jerry

Trade: Jonathan Martin to colts for 4th round pick.

Sign: LT Anthony Collins, OG Kevin Boothe, TE Andrew Quarless, RB LeGarratte Blount, FB John Kuhn, FS Mike Mitchell, CB Tracy Porter

Draft:
RD 1: Kelvin Benjamin WR-FSU
RD 2: Gabe Jackson OG-Mississippi
RD 3: Shayne Skov LB-Stanford
RD 4: Ego Ferguson DT-LSU
RD 4: David Fales QB-San Jose St
RD 5: DeAnthony Thomas RB-Oregon

Resigns: I know alot of u wont like the clabo resigning but by PFF standards he improved greatly down the stretch only giving up 3 sacks in 8 games. He will be 33 but if u can get him for one more year cheap it will give u the flexibility to sign a LT/G in FA then take a OG 2nd rd. If clabo struggles u have options garner/thomas/jerry or waiver wire/trade. Jerry is resigned for depth at guard/RT. I resign Grimes obvi. And I go with big paul to help stop the run.

Cuts: cutting moore & patterson could create close to $40 million in space. We dont need moore anymore & devlin has shown in preseason he can operate the offense. If god forbid u lose tannehill sign FA vet or trade.

Trades: I just read on national football post that at least 4 gMs have told dungy they would accept martin. One scout says he could go for a 3rd or 4th because he brings a "coveted" asset as a "swing tackle" those are rare.

FA signings: Anthony Collins would come much cheaper than albert would. I also like porter just in case taylor or davis struggle. Quarles is a low cost option at seam threat. Mike mitchell plays for carolina had 4ints last year and would be upgrade to clemons cheap.

QB: tannehill, devlin, fales
RB: blount, miller, deanthony thomas
FB: Kuhn
WR: benjamin, wallace, gibson, hartline,atthews
TE: Clay, Quarless, Sims
LT: Collins
LG: Jackson
C: Pouncey
RG:Boothe/jerry
RT: Clabo/jerry

DE: Wake
DT: Soliai
DT: Odrick
DE: vernon/jordan
LB: ellerbe
LB: skov
LB: misi/wheeler
CB: grimes, taylor, wilson
CB: porter, davis
SS: jones
FS: mitchell

K sturgis
p fields
Kr/pr thomas

Last edited by a moderator:
lol wow @ getting a 4th for martin thats like a dream, also i dont want Jerry and him always turning his head around and checking if its a run or pass play.

ill be surprised if we go wr in round 1 that would mean we cut gibson.

we are not cutting moore, the team is trying to make the playoffs and still can if incase tannehill gets hurt, pre season is different and i dont even want devlin to be around anymore i rather draft a project in like round 6 or 7 and make him the back up when moore leaves.

we should also try and restructure dimitri pattersons contract before we cut him he was really good for us when healthy.

Not a fan of this plan...and yea good luck getting anything let alone a fourth for the snake

1. Keep Patterson and Moore. Patterson should be able to get healthy in the offseason and he was great when he played. Moore is a luxury backup right now that there is no reason to cut since there is still plenty of cap room.

2. I like the resigns but Clabo should not be resigned. If a Miami tackle is resigned id go with Mckinnie. try and lock Clemons back up as well and be done with the secondary.

3. I like the martin trade but if it isn't a 4th just get what you can get because he needs to go.

4.i would prefer one of the top 3 tackles in free agency like Albert, Monroe or the guy from Oakland but anything would be an upgrade from last year, I would go the route of Toby Gerhart over Blount because he will have a lower price tag and he wont want to resign in Minnesota because he wants a starting role and wont get that with Petterson there. No need at fullback, with Patterson you dont need to waste cap on Porter. Clemons over Mitchell. After that just add depth at O-line and D-line.

5. or the draft i would go for Zack Martin and decide to put him at either tackle or just slot him at left gaurd, i would go for the top DT in the second, go back to O-line get Moses or Billy turner who ever is available. Go TE in the 4th and add depth at all other positions to finish the draft.

6. the question mark you have at DT there would be Jared Odrick

4th rounder for Martin? Is Miami throwing in a 3rd?

No reason to cut Moore for cap space I don't see us needing. IF we franchise Grimes, Patterson has to go or be MUCH cheaper. IF we sign Grime to a cap friendly first year, would be more likely for a re-structure, as Coyle does like him.

I posted over a month ago that Martin would bring a 4th or possibly a 3rd. No one agreed but, I'm staying with it, and would bet on it.

I don't see why we couldn't try to get something for Moore. The NFL is desperate for even decent QB's which I definitely think he is. That said, I agree it's time to do something with him.

I don't see why we couldn't try to get something for Moore. The NFL is desperate for even decent QB's which I definitely think he is. That said, I agree it's time to do something with him.

If we don't need the money, why would anyone want to get rid of a great backup QB, who has a great relationship with Tannehill, and according to RT, has been a big help to him. Makes no sense at all.

I think after the Davone Bess trade and the rumours circulating around that, I'd say it's highly unlikely Martin gets traded - they'll just waive him.

Re your draft. Liking Jackson and Skov… a lot. Don't think Jackson lasts to our 2nd rounder, and if Skov has an athletic showing in the combine/pro day I suspect he could go in the low 2nd.

I think Benjamin is too finesse, doesn't use his size effectively, Id rather go Ebron in the 1st, you'd get more out of him and formationally speaking, is a way better match up and he's simply a better player/athlete than Benjamin.

I also like taking a punt on De. Thomas, but think he'll be long gone before the 5th.

how much cap space do the phins have right now going into offseason?

Couple things I like, couple things I really don't. I hate the Benjamin pick, first I don't like him as a prospect and second I believe we have real solid receivers 1-4. He's way too raw to be first on the depth chart, at best 4th and with our needs we can't put ourselves in that position. TE if we're going for a pass catcher like Amaro. Anthony Collins is right on the money, that's exactly who we need. Great in pass pro, solid athlete and won't fetch a high end payout. Kuhn's a solid add, and I'd prefer to draft a RB but Blount is also a solid option if we went the FA route, depends on his cost. Seems like a longshot that Gabe Jackson falls to our 2nd. I hate John Jerry, terrible fit for the ZBS and gets pushed around in the run game like a fat *****. I'd bring back Clabo, McKinnie and Cog before him. I'd restructure Patterson because his contract offers him no long term protection with no guarantees, makes sense for both sides. I'd trade Matt Moore for a late pick, and there's no way anyone's gonna burn a 4th on Martin. If we could get a 6th for him and a 5th for Moore I think we'd be in amazing shape. Clemons is criminally underrated here.

For the record you'd be entering FA with roughly $30,819,854.
Collins @ 5.5
Boothe @ 3
Quarless @ 3.5
Blount @ 4
Kuhn @ 1
Mitchell @ 4.5
Porter @ 3
=24.5
So you'd be in good shape.

Cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...cut wheeler...

Get the point?

Back
Top Bottom