RT...backup plan. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RT...backup plan.

wow...this guy is a monster!!!

where is he projected to go...what round?

probably in the second...right?

I am impressed by what I read.........

A younger, hungrier, CHEAPER Todd Wade......I'll take it.

He's not projected any where yet. You have to wait for people to take him into account. He just declaired like yesterday. It'll take a day or two before he gets put into rankings, but with those stats, I say late first, early second.

I like the idea of moving Wade Smith to right tackle and finding ourselves a guy that can play LT until Smith is ready. We were asking too much of Smith by putting him in there his rookie year and our offense seriously suffered. Now, we don't need to be making the same mistake. One offseason isn't enough for him to put on the beef he needs for the position, and though he may be better next year I doubt he's going to take a quantum leap into being a good LT all the sudden. Let him find his legs at right tackle then throw him back over to LT.

or we can get a leftie QB like
:hmmm:

Mark Brunnell ;)

Smith is the LT for the at least the next five years. He was a rookie starting at one of the hardest positions and he had an above average year, only two bad games really. When he adds some strength and with a year's experience under his belt he'll be solid as a rock.

Wade has no shot at returning. He wants big money and frankly he had a terrible year.

The only starters I expect back are Wade Smith and Jaime Nails if he returns to pre-injury form. The OL will be rebuilt through FA and the draft unless Yates, McKinney, and Whitley show any of them can play. McKinney couldn't beat out Ruddy and Whitley looks like a bust so I'm not counting on any of them.

Ruddy, Perry and Wade are goners. Did anybody else enjoy seeing those three blown backwards on four out of five snaps?

Wade Smith made the all rookie team so he was obviously not terrible, just had a few really, really bad moments. I also think he is totally suited to LT/pass blocking and not RT/drive blocking so I w/not move him ( I was kiddin above). I can see some combination of Ruddy, Nails and Perry returning for near vet min contracts

Originally posted by dolphan39
Wade Smith made the all rookie team so he was obviously not terrible, just had a few really, really bad moments. I also think he is totally suited to LT/pass blocking and not RT/drive blocking so I w/not move him ( I was kiddin above). I can see some combination of Ruddy, Nails and Perry returning for near vet min contracts

Todd Wade had a fine season. He was a good LT this year, and he'll be an even better LT as the years go by. He looked his worst when Griese was in there. Griese could make any LT look bad.

Oliver...

didnt todd wade play RT(wade smith at LT)? or am i the one mixing up my wades... i thought he was average, but not worth the dollars hes going to want i'm sure... i'll wait to see what kind of contract he wants before deciding whether i want him back, but i'm guessing we can do better for his price

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
didnt todd wade play RT(wade smith at LT)? or am i the one mixing up my wades... i thought he was average, but not worth the dollars hes going to want i'm sure... i'll wait to see what kind of contract he wants before deciding whether i want him back, but i'm guessing we can do better for his price

The big O has got them backwards. He meant Wade Smith.
I've got your back Ollie.:)

Just doing a little reading on him on that site, and they currently have him going in the 3rd. He was said to really improve his stock throughout the season.

They say the guy is a 3rd round pick and needs to grow. We are already doing that with Wade Smith. We need offensive linemen who can play now.

You can't put a guy at right tackle and say that you are getting him experienced to move to left tackle in the future. Playing on the left side and playing on the right side are two totally different tasks.

If you want to play a guy while grooming him to take over the left tackle position, you play him at left guard. It makes absolutely no sense to move Wade Smith to left guard this year and stick another rookie at left tackle. It's a given that you aren't going to get a good left tackle in free agency.

Back
Top Bottom