RT Todd Steussie just got cut!!!!/Todd Steussie (Merged) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RT Todd Steussie just got cut!!!!/Todd Steussie (Merged)

Sorry but I can't help but to laugh at all this.We want us to get somebody here so bad that everytime a name comes up, we have 12 threads about him...lol I think he could be a big help. The guy was an all pro with the vikings and I'm sure he can still play, but I'm gonna wait till is official before I go crazy over this and you guys should do the same thing before you all get disapointed again.

Ozzy rules!!

Re: RT Todd Steussie just got cut!!!!

Originally posted by phinsphan4ever
This would be a great pickup if Rick signed him to play RT until McIntosh is healthy. He's still playing at a pretty high level IMO.:cool:

Panthers | Steussie To Be Released - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:10:25 -0800

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the Carolina Panthers will release OT Todd Steussie Thursday, March 11. The move will clear $1.3 million in salary cap space this year.

Could you be more specific pls? This link doesn't say anything about steusie. Mentions Lynch tho.

Never mind. Had to find it at the panthers homepage. Haven't seen it anywhere else yet.

http://www.panthers.com/

BTW, com'on guys, get real. he AIN'T signed yet!
Wait til it happens b4 everyone spreads the luv!! ;)

I don't care as long as it helps Miami but isn't this the 3rd starter the Panthers are losing from last years OL: Steussie, James, & Donnalley. Seems like a lot of rebuilding from a superbowl team.

How many Fin Fans guessed that Steussie was going to be that guy in the other thread besides me? Come on Dave, make the next one a little more challenging :D

wouldnt it make sense that this would happen. You alwyas hear of continuity with offensive linemen. They need to be comfortable with each other. Who played next to James in Carolina?

:idea:

Steussie has had a really solid career. If we sign him I'd liken it to when we signed Kevin Donnelly in terms of his ability level....and he's a OT not an OG.

Similar type player though. Definately a good choice.

Ok now the FO plan is out in the open. They plan to sign every FA from both SB teams . Sounds like a plan !

didnt they say mcintosh would be ready in 4-6 months? 6 months is when the season begins, is it not? so the worst case scenario would have missing MAYBE the first few games at the MOST.

how could is smith? couldnt we have both mcintosh and stuessie starting at the T position?

As I mentioned in another thread yesterday, Steussie is the epitome of reliability. 159 games. 159 starts. Missed one game.....in 1998.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4326

I think he'd be a terrific signing. We need a starting tackle. He's an excellent VETERAN starting tackle. This would allow McIntosh to NOT rush back and heal properly. And if McIntosh DID come back quickly, he'd be an excellent 3rd tackle.

You can never have too many good offensive lineman. I'd sign him to a 2-year deal.

With McIntosh being out 4-6 months he's not an option to begin the season as the starter unless he makes a ridiculous 4 month recovery. He would need time to get in shape, get acclimated to the heat, get acclimated to the offense, and get use to the right side of the offensive line. That means training camp, which he's currently predicted to miss almost all of. So, he becomes the backup swing tackle this year and projects to start in 2005. Not too big a deal if we can get Steussie for a year.

IF STEUSSIE ISN'T

SIGNED TOMORROW (if he passes the physical, unfortunately we have to add that in), then something is seriously wrong here.

steussie.. will probably be looking for a 3 year deal... at 34 he is still palying at a high level.. the only question is.. is he capable of playing RT... he has been a LT his whole career ... i agree he is a much needed veteran.. now if miami can only sign him ...

Back
Top Bottom