RUMOR: 3 way trade between Broncos/Browns/Redskins announced at 5pm. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RUMOR: 3 way trade between Broncos/Browns/Redskins announced at 5pm.

Is Simms even healthy enough for a team to count on though? After all his surgeries, they were saying he might never play again.

I really could not tell you if he is or not. I can tell you I heard steve dumig, aka big dog, talking about it. His information is ussaully pretty accurate. Im not a big fan of him but he isnt one of those guys that just starts rumors for ratings. If he says something there is normally solid information backing it up. He is very close to the Simms family and it is probably something that came down from Denvers staff to simms. Simms probably is the source of this information. It could just be coach talking up Simms and reassuring him that they like him. McDanels really made a mess of things in Denver. He may be blowing smoke up Simms butt too. The only thing I can tell you for certain is what big dog reported, which was that Denver was very pleased with Simms and were seriously considering looking into making him thier starter.

The whole situation blows my mind. I can see McDaniels having interest in Cassel. They worked together and are familiar with each other. Cassel knows the system that McDaniels wants to use, etc.... It was a really poor rookie HC mistake to outright lie to Cutler. If Cutler went into his office and asked him a direct question he should of been up front with guy and told him something like " we are exploring options to improve the team and yes trading you might be one of those options. Nothing personal but if we see value in it, were going to trade you. We like you but we have to do whats best for the organazation as a whole, etc...." McDaniels should of never put himself in a postion of being caught in a direct lie. Not only is that bad for his relationship between him and Cutler but it equally bad for him with everyone on the team. Could you imagine what a player is going to be thinking when he is asked to restructure his contract so they can bring in more talent but they are given some assurance that they will be taken care of for doing it. I know I would have trouble believing the guy after he lied to Cutler.

I'm not defending Cutlers behavior. He is a professional athelete signed to a multimillion dollar contract. He needs to act accordingly. He should be in the coaches office behind closed doors asking what he needs to do to keep his job. If there is nothing that he can do because they just flat out dont like him then he needs to quietly sit back and wait for them to get a trade done. I can understand how Cutler feels but he reacted really poorly and has made a bad situation even worse. He is killing his own market value by his conduct. If he would just sit back and keep his mouth shut things will work themselves out. There are plenty of teams that would be happy to have a QB with Cutlers skill sets. However the list does shrink if they think they are getting a cry baby prima donna as part of the package.

Its going to be interesting to see whatr uniform Cutler is wearing this september and who is denvers QB, LOL

Back
Top Bottom