*RUMOR* Bills intrested in Cutler? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*RUMOR* Bills intrested in Cutler?

Mike13

I am a golden god
Reaction score
Hot rumor of the week: The Buffalo Bills have become hot on Vanderbilt quarterback Jay Cutler. Word is the high-ranking members of the organization, which means owner Ralph Wilson and general manager Marv Levy, have taken a liking to Cutler. The interesting thing there is that the Bills used a first-round pick on J.P. Losman two years ago, which means if they picked Cutler it would be a sign that Losman's tenure is likely over. There was word that the Bills were shopping Losman, but they denied that emphatically. If the Cutler talk is true, they would have no choice but to send Losman packing.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9388328

Why go for a QB when all Losman did was struggle last year? And that was essentially his rookie year. I'm sure the new front office guys would want to have a fresh start, but at least give an unproven QB a chance to prove himself. Even if they do draft Cutler then the Bills will have a repeat of last year, playing musical QBs while the rookie struggles. I'm not saying Cutler will blow, but all rookie QBs struggle, and then they can go on to have a good career. I just don't see this happening, the Bills have other needs, it could be a smoke screen though.

This is just so much bull manure resulting from somebody on the Bills staff saying something like "wow, Cutler's a really great prospect". If they don't trade down, the Bills will use their first pick to take either an offensive lineman (Justice) or an outstanding defensive player, possibly Ngata but also Bunkley or Huff.

There is this very bizarre idea that circulates through the small minds of these nitwit WEB football "writers" that when a new manager/coach comes in, all the players from the old regime get automatically kicked out. That's not going to happen. Sheesh, the Bills didn't even "clean house" among their offensive coaching staff, so why would they "clean house" among the players?

If Cutler becomes everything some scouts and teams are saying I definately don't want him in our division.

DolphinDevil28 said:
That would suck. I think Jay Cutler is the best QB in this draft.

I would have to agree with ya. Cutler has a very good arm on him and he makes some passes that most QB's can only dream of making. He seems to be pretty darn good at throwing threw those tight windows and another thing you got to look at is that he put up some nice numbers while playing for a crappy team. But there is always a thing you got to worry about if you draft Cutler. Tim Couch did the samething by putting up good numbers for a crappy team and we know where he isn't at now.

I think the Bills maybe the worst team in the league right now with that said there is absolutely no reason J.P. Losman shouldn't be given every opportunity to start. I have no idea why the pulled him late in the year in favor of Holcomb. That team is a mess because of Donahoe but I think they're going to take either Bunkley or Justice.

Ace88 said:
I would have to agree with ya. Cutler has a very good arm on him and he makes some passes that most QB's can only dream of making. He seems to be pretty darn good at throwing threw those tight windows and another thing you got to look at is that he put up some nice numbers while playing for a crappy team. But there is always a thing you got to worry about if you draft Cutler. Tim Couch did the samething by putting up good numbers for a crappy team and we know where he isn't at now.

You are right about Tim Couch. But Tim Couch was in an unbelievably simplified system that Hall Mummy ran. The playbook consisted of some crazily-low number of plays, like 15.

They did nothing but throw. And you know what? I think Couch had better weapons and a better line at Kentucky than Cutler did at Vandy.

Man, Vandy is pitiful.

But it's not just about the production and arm strength that makes Cutler special. He's smart, a good leader and durable. He's not afraid to hang in the pocket and take the hit. Hell, he proved that all throughout college when he got shalacked every week against SEC defenses.

djfresh47 said:
I think the Bills maybe the worst team in the league right now with that said there is absolutely no reason J.P. Losman shouldn't be given every opportunity to start. I have no idea why the pulled him late in the year in favor of Holcomb. That team is a mess because of Donahoe but I think they're going to take either Bunkley or Justice.

As mush as I would love to agree with you about Bills being the worst team, I can't. There defense is still solid, they always have good ST's and they still have McGahee running the ball. The worst team right now has got to be the Packs. They just have too many holes on there team.

Ace88 said:
As mush as I would love to agree with you about Bills being the worst team, I can't. There defense is still solid, they always have good ST's and they still have McGahee running the ball. The worst team right now has got to be the Packs. They just have too many holes on there team.

'9ers.

DolphinDevil28 said:
You are right about Tim Couch. But Tim Couch was in an unbelievably simplified system that Hall Mummy ran. The playbook consisted of some crazily-low number of plays, like 15.

They did nothing but throw. And you know what? I think Couch had better weapons and a better line at Kentucky than Cutler did at Vandy.

Man, Vandy is pitiful.

But it's not just about the production and arm strength that makes Cutler special. He's smart, a good leader and durable. He's not afraid to hang in the pocket and take the hit. Hell, he proved that all throughout college when he got shalacked every week against SEC defenses.

Yep. Kentucky and Vandy has always been at the bottem SEC standing, but for the most part Vandy has always been the worst team out of Kentucky-Vandy. Cutler is probably licking his chops right now of knowing that he will have better coaches, better offense and better players around him then he did in college.

DolphinDevil28 said:

Ah yes. I can't forget about the 49ers. I feel sorry for the organization and for the fans. It just seems werid that 49ers was one of the best teams in football during the Montana-Young era. And now look at them. They pretty much have a bunch of nobody's and they there #1 pick last season had only 1 TD and 11 INT's. They hardly didn't even try to give Smith some weapons this offseason.

Ace88 said:

The Bills run defense was pathetic last season. As bad as I think the Packers are they do play in the NFC and Buffalo just signed there 3rd string Qb to compete for the starting job. Marv Levy is an icon in Buffalo but why would they hire him? Even if he is a "young 80," which I have seen him described as what is then compareable to a 75 year old? McGahee can be great, but I think he's heavy and reminds me of Ricky before he came to Miami. I've posted this before but if he lost about 10 lbs and got some of his speed back I think he could turn that team around.

The Buffalo Bills are the next Detroit Lions. Next year, they will probably be interested in Brady Quinn. That way, they can have three first round QB's for no apparent reason.

Back
Top Bottom