*RUMOR* Bills intrested in Cutler? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*RUMOR* Bills intrested in Cutler?

I post at BillsZone every day and they have never even mentioned Cutler to my knowledge...That is odd that someone there never dug this up? May have to look around!

djfresh47 said:
The Bills run defense was pathetic last season. As bad as I think the Packers are they do play in the NFC and Buffalo just signed there 3rd string Qb to compete for the starting job. Marv Levy is an icon in Buffalo but why would they hire him? Even if he is a "young 80," which I have seen him described as what is then compareable to a 75 year old? McGahee can be great, but I think he's heavy and reminds me of Ricky before he came to Miami. I've posted this before but if he lost about 10 lbs and got some of his speed back I think he could turn that team around.

The Bills will be a lot better on defense than they were last year. Jauron and Fewell are putting together a system similar to Tampa's, and they've been collecting younger players who will fit their system which is why the Bills probably won't go with Ngata in the draft; they need a complement to Triplett, and that's likely to be Bunkley.

More importantly, Jerry Gray's system was inflexible in that it seemed very hard to learn and substitutions were hard to do. The Bills should NOT have been that vulnerable to the run just because they lost Pat Williams in free agency because the guy didn't even play every down, but they sucked against the run even before Takeo got hurt.

There were also attitude problems on the team, including Sam Adams. Sam's great when he wants to play, but he's temperamental and he wore out his welcome in Buffalo (not the first team that's sent him packing BTW). Moulds also had issues with the coaching staff, specifically Mularkey, over the QB issue, but I think that the sinister presence of former GM Donohoe was also present in that mix. This was a team, with Bledsoe, that was 9-7 and just missed the playoffs in 2004. They were expected to make the playoffs in 2005, but then Donahoe dumped Bledsoe and "annointed" Losman as the starter. He set the kid up to fail because 1) Losman wasn't ready to start and 2) some vets took their resentment for management out on him, I think.

Watch for Losman to take the reins and be a lot better this year. The QB "competition" is his to lose, and it's unlikely he will. The Bills have carried 3 QBs for years, and Nall was signed to take the place of Shane Matthews who came out of retirement back in 2003, I think.

The Bills also have a couple of young olinemen who should start showing something this year: Jason Peters and Duke Preston.

Kinzua said:
The Bills will be a lot better on defense than they were last year. Jauron and Fewell are putting together a system similar to Tampa's, and they've been collecting younger players who will fit their system which is why the Bills probably won't go with Ngata in the draft; they need a complement to Triplett, and that's likely to be Bunkley.

More importantly, Jerry Gray's system was inflexible in that it seemed very hard to learn and substitutions were hard to do. The Bills should NOT have been that vulnerable to the run just because they lost Pat Williams in free agency because the guy didn't even play every down, but they sucked against the run even before Takeo got hurt.

There were also attitude problems on the team, including Sam Adams. Sam's great when he wants to play, but he's temperamental and he wore out his welcome in Buffalo (not the first team that's sent him packing BTW). Moulds also had issues with the coaching staff, specifically Mularkey, over the QB issue, but I think that the sinister presence of former GM Donohoe was also present in that mix. This was a team, with Bledsoe, that was 9-7 and just missed the playoffs in 2004. They were expected to make the playoffs in 2005, but then Donahoe dumped Bledsoe and "annointed" Losman as the starter. He set the kid up to fail because 1) Losman wasn't ready to start and 2) some vets took their resentment for management out on him, I think.

Watch for Losman to take the reins and be a lot better this year. The QB "competition" is his to lose, and it's unlikely he will. The Bills have carried 3 QBs for years, and Nall was signed to take the place of Shane Matthews who came out of retirement back in 2003, I think.

The Bills also have a couple of young olinemen who should start showing something this year: Jason Peters and Duke Preston.

I thought Peters got better as the season went on. McNally is a good offensive line coach and I expected more out of the Bills offensive line last year. Donahoe was absolutely terrible as a GM it didn't help that Butler tanked his last draft with the Bills either. The Bills have alot of holes to fill, I thought Jauron was a bad hire but we'll see if he can turn that franchise around.

DT, OT, SS, TE.

Peters is set at ROT, but our LOT is below average.

those are the only positions we will be looking at in the first round of this draft.

you shouldnt believe much of anything before the draft, its all lies anyway. showing intrest in culter may just get another team interested enough to offer up a nice trade deal.

Kinzua said:

It's not often i agree with a Bills fan but he does make some good points. I don't underestimate anyone in our division because that's when people start proving you wrong. From what i can see the Bills still have some talent of defense which is something positive going for them. The offense isn't really all stellar right now but mostly it's because of the offensive line. They definately aren't the worst team in the leauge, that title would probably go the 49ers or the Texans.

LtDan said:
I post at BillsZone every day and they have never even mentioned Cutler to my knowledge...That is odd that someone there never dug this up? May have to look around!

Its probably something Prisco pulled out of his ***.

The Bills just signed OG Tutan Reyes, so if they stay at #8, I expect them to do a nice alliteration for their first rounder: "The Buffalo Bills select Broderick Bunkley".

Of course, the rumors are swirling that Marv and Co may trade 1) down a few spots to 11-12 (take Justice at OT?) or 2) trade up from the second to the low first (with Chicago) or 3) do both! Nothing is set in stone until the each team makes its choice!

Kinzua said:
The Bills just signed OG Tutan Reyes, so if they stay at #8, I expect them to do a nice alliteration for their first rounder: "The Buffalo Bills select Broderick Bunkley".

Of course, the rumors are swirling that Marv and Co may trade 1) down a few spots to 11-12 (take Justice at OT?) or 2) trade up from the second to the low first (with Chicago) or 3) do both! Nothing is set in stone until the each team makes its choice!
we are both on the same page.

:D

Back
Top Bottom