Rumor: Fins Hoping to Reunite Tanny and Swope | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Fins Hoping to Reunite Tanny and Swope

I could see them drafting Swoop, but Rant sports doesn't really know anything on the inside. I see a lot of linked articles from them talking about trades and signings that are really just speculation.

**** ya...I would love this!! Make this guy a phin! He is an instant starter in this offense and had his best year with Tanny boy. I think we will have to take him with our 1st 3rd round pick to get him.

With the combine process he will end up being a top 15 pick in the 3rd

if he runs 4.5 which is a full 2 tenths faster than davon bess at 6 ft and 206 lbs with the production he had in college and the ability he showed to separate when crossing a mans face with a 2 way go you can forget about any "late round" talk...hell you can probably forget about it already...low 4.5's he's not getting out of day 2...

my concern is i've been hearing miami was sniffing a slot at the senior bowl but it was denard robinson...the rawest slot wr available and an unknown as to whether or not he can run routes and understands db leverage and coverage...if we go that route when swopes there for the taking i'm gonna lose it...

does sound like they want a more explosive slot than bess though...

there is no projection when it comes to ryan swope in an option route system...he sees the field very well reads coverage knows when to sit down and when to carry routes and separates at the los and offers some big play potential as he has pretty good speed for a slot wr... sets dbs up well in his routes...runs good routes...dependable tough...football player

Swope (sadly) is already better than Bess (he's faster and more YAC ability) and Hartline (he has more YAC ability, strength, and a nose for TD's).

Not sure if I would spend a second round pick on him though....tough call.

Swope (sadly) is already better than Bess (he's faster and more YAC ability) and Hartline (he has more YAC ability, strength, and a nose for TD's).

Not sure if I would spend a second round pick on him though....tough call.

Swope will probably go in the late third round or possibly early fourth. You could sign him and a second round WR like Woods.

swopes a lot like matt barkley right now...he's injured or was at the senior bowl and didn't participate in drills so everyones got him off the radar...well once teams start digging into that tape and then private workouts etc both barkley and swope are gonna rise...he already height wise made money for himself when he measured at 6 ft even at the senior bowl week...that's a big darn slot for as a quick twitch and lateral agility as he has...a feather in his cap...if he runs low 4.5's or 4.5 flat better jump on that...cause someone else will...hell i could see the pats if they lose welker being on this kid in round 2...i know they like edelman but i don't think he's the same level smart football player and reader of coverage as swope...swopes like having another qb on the field with you...really smart football player and it shows up on the field...

swopes a lot like matt barkley right now...he's injured or was at the senior bowl and didn't participate in drills so everyones got him off the radar...well once teams start digging into that tape and then private workouts etc both barkley and swope are gonna rise...he already height wise made money for himself when he measured at 6 ft even at the senior bowl week...that's a big darn slot for as a quick twitch and lateral agility as he has...a feather in his cap...if he runs low 4.5's or 4.5 flat better jump on that...cause someone else will...hell i could see the pats if they lose welker being on this kid in round 2...i know they like edelman but i don't think he's the same level smart football player and reader of coverage as swope...swopes like having another qb on the field with you...really smart football player and it shows up on the field...

Good to know! I like the analysis of the guru!

There's nothing in that article that makes it a "rumor" except for the poor use of the word in the title. It's just sheer speculation on the author's part.

I'm scared they're going to overvalue this guy and pass on better players than him. It's the Jeff Ireland way.

I'm scared they're going to overvalue this guy and pass on better players than him. It's the Jeff Ireland way.

imagesqtbnANd9GcTWfEM2evCLFU5unPQQc6lXIA-1.jpg

Bummer. Not a big fan. I can see him as a replacement for Bess but I don't the Dolphins would look at it that way. They would want to keep both. As an outside guy he's definitely not a fit. He's not going to win out there versus NFL corners like Victor Cruz can, for example. He's a third down, 3WR kind of guy. Now, he is well rounded enough to keep out there full time in a hurry up scheme (which the Dolphins apparently want to run), but I'm not a big believer in that scheme, especially not with the rest of the talent we have on offense.

A third rounder for Swope is a reach. He's more of a 5th round guy. We'll see how he measures and runs, but that's my impression.

i agree not a win guy on the boundary...so i don't think the he's better than hartline stuff earlier in this thread makes a lot of sense there...but lets say he does run low 4.5's or 4.5 flat i'll be shocked if a slot wr who measures out at 6 ft with that kind of production and damn good speed for the inside last til the 5th round...really dumbfounded...

he's the prototype slot wr for this offense and plays very smart...which philbin is huge on...and you need in this system...only thing that keeps him out of say tavon austin level grade is austin has explosive rediculous acceleration and straight line speed plus serious shake and bake and home run hitting ability...that and the specials return he offers...and thats why he's getting a lot of late round 1 buzz these days

as far as i'm concerned as a true slot swope should be the 2nd guys name taken off the board come april...

Back
Top Bottom