Rumor - Grier And McDaniel On The Hot Seat | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor - Grier And McDaniel On The Hot Seat

Belichick was fired in New England and he won 6 SB’s as the Patriots HC. So except for Reid in KC, every head coach in the NFL is on the hot seat going into the 2024 season if they don’t meet the expectations placed on them by the owner.

That is also the situation with every teams GM, who owners expect to work hand in hand with the HC and provide the coaches with players who can compete for a SB.

Ross has obviously had a lot of patient and trust in Grier over the years but Ross isn’t getting any younger. So while I hope McDaniel is the HC for years to come and Grier remains in his job because the Dolphins are successful on the field, anything is possible if the Dolphins don’t get to the playoffs and win a game next season.

Belichick was fired in New England and he won 6 SB’s as the Patriots HC. So except for Reid in KC, every head coach in the NFL is on the hot seat going into the 2024 season if they don’t meet the expectations placed on them by the owner.

That is also the situation with every teams GM, who owners expect to work hand in hand with the HC and provide the coaches with players who can compete for a SB.

Ross has obviously had a lot of patient and trust in Grier over the years but Ross isn’t getting any younger. So while I hope McDaniel is the HC for years to come and Grier remains in his job because the Dolphins are successful on the field, anything is possible if the Dolphins don’t get to the playoffs and win a game next season.
A very reasonable response '72 just careful of the homers, it may not be enough to placate them.

We shall see how the season goes, who knows what Ross would do if this team only wins 7/8 games next year. NFL - Not for Long - things change fast. Hopefully the change coming is a deep run in the playoffs but we shall see.

If they play Tua on the fifth year option I absolutely believe there is truth to this rumor.

Opposite. If Miami is in a pinch to win extending Tua and free space to resign players and free agents to go further all in is a must.

Opposite. If Miami is in a pinch to win extending Tua and free space to resign players and free agents to go further all in is a must.

No, because if Ross is considering a change if this season doesn't work out then he will be able to allow the new coach and gm the decision to extend Tua or not.
The more i think about it playing Tua on the fifth year is the right decision, because then you can motivate all 3 of them as if they're all in a contract year.
I feel bad for Tua and McDaniel because i think they've done some great things, but at this point Ross should not be giving Grier anymore assurances.

Stories like this one are a perfect example of content for the sake of creating content. Because we now live in a digital world that is 24\7\365 and there are more media outlets than we can count, it's not enough to cover the news, outlets like these have to create news to continually update their content. Most of the time it is some blogger or guy on Twitter coming up with a hypothetical situation he thinks might be possible, posting it while calling it a 'rumor' or 'report' and even though there isn't a shred of truth to it, people see it online, treat it as the gospel and share it, spreading the 'rumors' as if there was some legitimacy behind them.

And in this part of the offseason when there isn't much going on, most of what you will read is complete made up bullshit and is best ignored. Like I said, content for the sake of creating content.

No, because if Ross is considering a change if this season doesn't work out then he will be able to allow the new coach and gm the decision to extend Tua or not.
The more i think about it playing Tua on the fifth year is the right decision, because then you can motivate all 3 of them as if they're all in a contract year.
I feel bad for Tua and McDaniel because i think they've done some great things, but at this point Ross should not be giving Grier anymore assurances.

Ross can’t butt into decisions then criticize why things didn’t work out. Doubt he does that.

Whole thing is probably bs though. Both Sparano and Philbin got into their 4th season and there’s one playoff appearance between them.

Mcdaniel got back to back playoff appearances and starting over with a new coach and new qb is a complete rebuild which means another 3+ years of waiting which is completely against what Ross would want.

Gier picks the players...McDaniels calls the plays...when he can get them in on time. Another implosion like the last two years and yes...he's definitely on the hot seat. His play calling in big games is God-awful!

Ummm, Year one, 9 wins, but thanks to bad issues with Injuries, nothing more.

Year two, 11 wins, comes close to taking East, winning the #1 seed, and possibly going to the SB, but again Injuries made that not happen.

That 20 of 34 games won in two years, two straight playoff appearances. I agree the continued injuries is annoying, but if you think Ross would be dumb enough to put either Grier or McDaniel on the Hot seat because of it, then I also hope you don't hold your breath on it happening.

True, Miami needs to get past the injury bug to key players. They absolutely need to not just reach the playoffs, but win in the playoffs, but right now Miami is a team that at full power, is an extremely tough thing to see on their schedule.

Yes as they should be. If we don't win the division and or don't win a playoff game again then fire everyone and start again. I don't know how many times we need to see this same movie.
I agree. They went "all in" and were bounced embarrassingly from the first round of the playoffs same as last year.

Im not even going to click on this clickbait link. I cant imagine why on earth anyone would think McDaniel is on the hot seat. Grier has done a pretty decent job too. This is speculation.

Back
Top Bottom