Rumor: Jets interested in trading for Titans QB Ryan Tannehill (if other plans fall through) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Jets interested in trading for Titans QB Ryan Tannehill (if other plans fall through)

Adam First

Excellence in Mediocrity
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

The Jets will be getting a new QB this offseason. But between the opportunities of Lamar Jackson, Aaron Rodgers, Derek Carr and Jimmy Garoppolo, it would be so Jets to end up with Tannehill at the end of it all. Manifesting this disaster to happen because we all can use a good laugh

Tannehill is “good enough” though. We saw what he did with the Titans when he had a good cast around him. He’s the worst of the bunch, to be sure, but that’s a pretty stacked team.

Well I hope they do well enough to keep the Patriots last with say a 3-14 season and the fat old man retires.

Tannehill is “good enough” though. We saw what he did with the Titans when he had a good cast around him. He’s the worst of the bunch, to be sure, but that’s a pretty stacked team.
A healthy Tannehill is better than an injured Garoppolo. Carr vs Tannehill probably depends on the system, but Tanny's peak has been higher.

The Jests are going to jack around waiting on Rodgers while everyone else signs elsewhere, they are going to lose out on Rodgers, and get stuck with rolling with Flacco. Of course they will tell the fans that he was their man all along.

The Jets will be getting a new QB this offseason. But between the opportunities of Lamar Jackson, Aaron Rodgers, Derek Carr and Jimmy Garoppolo, it would be so Jets to end up with Tannehill at the end of it all. Manifesting this disaster to happen because we all can use a good laugh

So 4 realistic starters available. How many teams will be searching for a starting QB? Competition for services

I'm sorry I don't want to play RT17 twice a year. I dont think he's washed. Im hoping every possible qb plan can go wrong for the jets. The jets have a playoff defense. They are a QB away from being a playoff team. Wilson is better than any WR the titans had, breece hall was a stud before he got hurt, carter can catch out of backfield. They have a couple year window while their stars are on rookie contracts that they can afford to pay big money on a QB.

My plan is the roll with Zach Wilson, and resign Flacco and White

So 4 realistic starters available. How many teams will be searching for a starting QB? Competition for services
Raiders...
Texans..
Colts....
Titans... (assuming RT gone)
Jets....
GB.... (assuming AR gone)
Saints...
Buccaneers...
Panthers..
Redskins...
Giants......(for argument tag DJ)
Ravens....(for argument tag LJ)
Seahawks..(for argument tag Gino)

And this list is ASSUMING that the Falcons are content with Ridder

Starting caliber FA Qb's available.....Daniel Jones, Carr, Mayfield (ehh), Jimmy G (ehh), Gino, Lamar Jackson, Minshew (ehh)
Day 1 starters in draft Young, Stround, Levis (ehh)

I sorry for the Jets, but there are fewer QB's available than teams that need them. If they want a QB, they are probably going to have to overpay.

Raiders...
Texans..
Colts....
Titans... (assuming RT gone)
Jets....
GB.... (assuming AR gone)
Saints...
Buccaneers...
Panthers..
Redskins...
Giants......(for argument tag DJ)
Ravens....(for argument tag LJ)
Seahawks..(for argument tag Gino)

And this list is ASSUMING that the Falcons are content with Ridder

Starting caliber FA Qb's available.....Daniel Jones, Carr, Mayfield (ehh), Jimmy G (ehh), Gino, Lamar Jackson, Minshew (ehh)
Day 1 starters in draft Young, Stround, Levis (ehh)

I sorry for the Jets, but there are fewer QB's available than teams that need them. If they want a QB, they are probably going to have to overpay.

Impressive. I was thinking 5-6. This is where team expectations come in. Better teams are more likely to be attractive. And a few of those teams currently have negative cap.

That's the problem I have with FA QBs. Bidding wars result in overpayment, as you noted

Impressive. I was thinking 5-6. This is where team expectations come in. Better teams are more likely to be attractive. And a few of those teams currently have negative cap.

That's the problem I have with FA QBs. Bidding wars result in overpayment, as you noted

id love for the jets to overpay, but id rather them not have a qb. whatever qb they over pay would be able to be cleared before they have to resign young guys

Back
Top Bottom