Rumor: Miami MIGHT get out of playing in London this year. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Miami MIGHT get out of playing in London this year.

I was watching GMA this morning and they had a report from Hard Rock Stadium about changes which are being made to allow fans to attend games while keeping social distancing. According to the report the Dolphins think they can still have fans but instead of 65,000 fans or more, it is more likely that only about 15000 fans will be able to attend games because of the social distancing rules which will be in place during the season. As far as games being played in London or Mexico is concerned. It appears highly unlikely the NFL will play any games outside the United States this season because of Covid19.

I was watching GMA this morning and they had a report from Hard Rock Stadium about changes which are being made to allow fans to attend games while keeping social distancing. According to the report the Dolphins think they can still have fans but instead of 65,000 fans or more, it is more likely that only about 15000 fans will be able to attend games because of the social distancing rules which will be in place during the season. As far as games being played in London or Mexico is concerned. It appears highly unlikely the NFL will play any games outside the United States this season because of Covid19.
what about concessions and bathrooms? Parking lots?

what about concessions and bathrooms? Parking lots?
They did not go into those issues on the report. I think the Dolphins as well as every team in the NFL are going to have to consider everything, including the issues you raised if they are going to have a season with any fans attending games.

It seems like there are only about 15,000 Dolphin fans at any given home game anyway, so that could work out just fine. :p
As a long time season ticket holder I can assure you there have been far more than 15000 fans at the games but there have certainly been a lot of empty seats over the last several years.
I think it will affect teams which have sold out stadiums every week where fans impact the game because of crowd noise far more than it will impact the Dolphins.

sound like it would be 4 empty rows between rows of actual people. Good luck keeping folks from moving down to empty seats in sections in that scenario

With all do respect to the international fans and in an attempt to not bring covid or political talk into the NFL. But this is probably the right move based on how things in the UK are going

Back
Top Bottom