Rumor Mill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor Mill

PHANTASTIC 13

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was just watching ESPN and they said it is rumored that the Dolphins are interested in trading for Edgerrin James or Marshall Faulk, which player would you rather have and why?

The Edge!!!

I don't think it would be too costly to trade for RB E. James.

Face it, our defense is stacked with talent right now. We can afford to trade O-GUN, someone in the secondary, and a draft pick to get to done IMO. If we can swing a trade for James, we should do it and never look back....

Our defense will remain very strong even if we lose a couple players. We can afford to give up some ground on defense in order to gain on offense at this stage IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

Neither right now...I don't think either team is going to trade them away. The Colts have already said no.

This year, Faulk.

Next 5 years, Edge.

But like the others said they will be too expensive I'd prefer to get Najeh Davenport for a 3rd.

Anthony3454 said:
Stick with what we got and then add a FA for depth.
ditto and hold off on a FA because there are teams too deep at RB. Some of them will be cut and the talent they will cut will be better than what is available at this time. We have enough to get through camp and get by while a new guy learns the offense.

I can't believe I am passing up Edge or Faulk. They are both two great players though. Not worth trading for at this point in their careers.

and who said the rams or the colts would be willng????????

Another one of these type of threads...:nono:

mike martz already downplayed a faulk trade to miami...i'd rather have stephen jackson, theyre 1st round upset pick from this years draft....i say either stick with travis, or geta back that is the man, not some free agent over the hill back( cough terry kirby), like making a big trade..but hey...have we all forgotten about our qb situation? still not the best ever ya know..

PHANTASTIC 34 said:
Hey everyone, I was just watching ESPN and they said it is rumored that the Dolphins are interested in trading for Edgerrin James or Marshall Faulk, which player would you rather have and why?

This is just getting TOO old !!!!!!!!!

:shakeno:

Marino1983

I'd take the Edge, younger guy and still has some yrs left, Faulk on the other hand is almost done.

from the posts ive read, the conventional wisdom on Edge around here seems to be that he is "on the downside" of his career. the guy is still pretty young (26). he is also in a contract year. i think those of you who see him as done or near done, could be surprised this year by him. granted, he injured his knee. but this will be his third season removed from that injury. Jamal Lewis has had at least one knee surgery as well (didnt he blow out the other knee in college at UT?), look what he accomplished last year.

i dont think the Colts are going to trade him either way, but that could be a nice FA acquisition next offseason. hopefully Ogun and Chambers contracts are taken care of this season. if Boston pans out and CC is re-signed as well, plus factoring in McMichael, Edge wouldnt be required to have 400 + touches like RW did the last 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom