RUMOR: Randy Muller to take Spielman's job | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RUMOR: Randy Muller to take Spielman's job

MikeO said:
No other teams are knocking down his door. Maybe just get his foot back in the door. Then hopefully Miami takes off, then other teams offer him a legit GM job.

I could see it happening. Whether the rumor is true or not.....who knows.

Mike, if you had to put a percentage on the possibility that this is true, what would that be IYO?

Mueller is a very good judge of talent. And his good moves far outweighed is bad ones. Got a 1st and a 4th from Wanny for Rick Mirer. Got two #1's for Ricky (Wanny again). Built up quite a roster at New Orleans. Unfortunately, Jim Haslett was coaching them.

IIRC, Mueller's arrogance turned the team off in his interview for the GM job last winter. But having him here without GM power would definitely be a coup.

NaboCane said:
Mike, if you had to put a percentage on the possibility that this is true, what would that be IYO?

I don't HATE pro football talk like most here do. They have hit enough home runs for me to not totally blow them off as a joke of a website. I know they are wrong on stuff, but you gotta give the devil its due when they do get stuff right. Which they do!

With that said, I give it a 55% chance of happening. I mean I dont' know. I have no inside info on this. I just read what everyone else is reading. It is possible, and if it happened I wouldn't be shocked.

Muck said:
Mueller is a very good judge of talent. And his good moves far outweighed is bad ones. Got a 1st and a 4th from Wanny for Rick Mirer. Got two #1's for Ricky (Wanny again). Built up quite a roster at New Orleans. Unfortunately, Jim Haslett was coaching them.

IIRC, Mueller's arrogance turned the team off in his interview for the GM job last winter. But having him here without GM power would definitely be a coup.

So we need to root for the University of Pitt this year hoping Wanny gets another NFL job so we can let Muller take advantage of him again! :lol: :lol:

MikeO said:
So we need to root for the University of Pitt this year hoping Wanny gets another NFL job so we can let Muller take advantage of him again! :lol: :lol:

Or hope that Rick Spielman lands a GM job in the AFC East. :lol:

MikeO said:
No other teams are knocking down his door. Maybe just get his foot back in the door. Then hopefully Miami takes off, then other teams offer him a legit GM job.

I could see it happening. Whether the rumor is true or not.....who knows.

You may be right.He has been out of a real job now for several years but I still find it hard to believe.

Dolphins name Mueller GM

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolgm060605,0,5025841.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Dolphins name Mueller general manager

By Alex Marvez and Keven Lerner
Sun-Sentinel.com
Posted June 6 2005, 10:18 AM EDT

[font=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]The Dolphins have hired Randy Mueller as their new general manager, replacing Rick Spielman, who resigned Friday after a tumultuous five months working under first-year coach Nick Saban.

Mueller unsuccessfully interviewed for the Dolphins general manager job in January 2004 that ultimately went to Spielman. Mueller has spent the past two years working as an ESPN analyst after being fired by New Orleans in May 2002 by Saints owner Tom Benson.
[/font]

CrunchTime said:
You may be right.He has been out of a real job now for several years but I still find it hard to believe.

TIME TO BELIEVE! :D

MikeO said:
I don't HATE pro football talk like most here do. They have hit enough home runs for me to not totally blow them off as a joke of a website. I know they are wrong on stuff, but you gotta give the devil its due when they do get stuff right. Which they do!

With that said, I give it a 55% chance of happening. I mean I dont' know. I have no inside info on this. I just read what everyone else is reading. It is possible, and if it happened I wouldn't be shocked.

I don't go on PFT anymore. Everytime I went on, my computer got infested with adware and spyware. Now I have a firewall and anti-adware software so it hasn't been a problem lately.

jlfin said:
I don't go on PFT anymore. Everytime I went on, my computer got infested with adware and spyware. Now I have a firewall and anti-adware software so it hasn't been a problem lately.

if you have XP with service pack 2 it blocks all of it except 1 ad

Back
Top Bottom