Rumor: University of Connecticut to hire Tony Sparano if fired by Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: University of Connecticut to hire Tony Sparano if fired by Dolphins

Maybe Tony can go work at ESPN in Bristol CT as a NFL failure analyst.

That would be a good job for Tony Sparano. Their competition would probably be Kansas City, who might want to hire Tony to be their Offensive Coordinator in the wake of Weis' departure. Haley and Sparano are tight with one another.

Hmmm...

@Robi2184: Another team expect to target Sparano if fired is the KC Chiefs. Coach Haley is good friends with Sparano from their Dallas days.......
about 1 hour ago via web

@Robi2184: Haley would pursue Sparano as Offensive Coordinator.
about 1 hour ago via web

Interesting.

Randy Edsall >>>>>>> Tony Sparano

This is a step in the wrong direction for them, but I'm assuming their options are extremely limited to be considering Tony Sparano.

Personally, I'd enjoy watching Sparano get smacked around by TCU on a yearly basis in the Big East.

UCONN Fistpumpers .... I like it!!

clear.gif

As a UCONN alum, I have seen a lot of UCONN games. Edsall and Sparano (and Wanny) are the same type of coach. They both have a run-based conservative offense that attempts to limit mistakes and a "bend, don't break" defense (i.e. - boring). I guess that is the attraction for UCONN. Unfortunately, we are in a passing age. They will never be able to compete with the high flying offenses of today's powerhouse teams. Hmmm.... sounds like the Dolphins!

False report. UCONN is meeting with former Miami OC Whipple and Iowa O-Coordinator O'Keefe.

UCONN doesn't have the money to pay an NFL head coach

Apparently you haven't seen what Calhoun and Auriemma make per year. UCONN attracts a huge local fan base because there are no professional sports to compete against locally. Go to a few games a year and the place is packed. If Sparano get's hired there, guess I will save some money on tickets. Seen that act before.

Apparently you haven't seen what Calhoun and Auriemma make per year. UCONN attracts a huge local fan base because there are no professional sports to compete against locally. Go to a few games a year and the place is packed. If Sparano get's hired there, guess I will save some money on tickets. Seen that act before.

Their football stadium is HALF the size of all major programs. Their football budget is small. Please, they can't pay a former NFL head coach. And the comparisons to basketball is laughable. Very laughable. Know the difference between football and basketball and the AD's sports budget. UCONN was crying that they had to go to the FIESTA BOWL because they lost around $20 by making that game. Schools would give their pinkie finger to get a BCS game, UCONN lost $20 mill and was complaining.

And you seriously think they will hire a former NFL head coach and pay him over $3-4 mill per year which is what it would take? Come back to reality man.

Apparently you haven't seen what Calhoun and Auriemma make per year.

And would you like to tell us how much Mike Krzyzewski makes compared to David Cutcliffe as well?

I've been to East Hartford & Storrs and it is to the Big East what Logan, Utah is to the WAC.

Back
Top Bottom