Rumor: University of Connecticut to hire Tony Sparano if fired by Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: University of Connecticut to hire Tony Sparano if fired by Dolphins

Sparano would be a great college coach. He is enthusiastic, and is a good cheerleader. On the pro level, a team needs a more strategic coach. Hopefully he will go to UConn, and the Dolphins can wind up with Gruden, or someone else that actually has pro experience. Just not Cowher. Cowher is overrated.

False report. UCONN is meeting with former Miami OC Whipple and Iowa O-Coordinator O'Keefe.

UCONN doesn't have the money to pay an NFL head coach

Sporano just seems way ovedr his hear as a HC. He would be better back as assistant.

Nice! That gets Ross off the hook for some of Tony's contract.

UCONN lost over $20 mill going to the Fiesta Bowl. Didn't sell any tickets and had huge travel costs.

They are not a football school by any means. Small stadium, have trouble selling tickets, horrible practice facilties, and are now operating in the RED, They have no money to pay Sparano or come close. They are looking for a guy who will work for less than $1 mill a year. A young guy who just wants his 1st head coaching job and not looking for a pay-day.

Nice! That gets Ross off the hook for some of Tony's contract.

The OTHER reason why this is a false report. Tony can sit home do nothing and make between $3-4 mill. Or he can take a pay cut to coach at UCONN. Please. Which one do you think Tony would do?!?

That would be a good job for Tony Sparano. Their competition would probably be Kansas City, who might want to hire Tony to be their Offensive Coordinator in the wake of Weis' departure. Haley and Sparano are tight with one another.

that's awesome. I go to UConn and I got pretty pissed when Edsall left today, but I think it'd be really interesting to see Sparano there. As long as he doesn't bring Henning... I think he could recruit the area pretty well since he's a decently big name for someone coaching at UConn, and he's a native of the area.

after the smoke cleared over the initial excitement and buzz, exactly how did that end up working out at Pitt for Wanny?

The OTHER reason why this is a false report. Tony can sit home do nothing and make between $3-4 mill. Or he can take a pay cut to coach at UCONN. Please. Which one do you think Tony would do?!?

I'd take the UCONN job because I don't like sitting on my ***. I also know that taking a year off looks terrible on your resume and hurts your chances of future employment at that level.

I'd take the UCONN job because I don't like sitting on my ***. I also know that taking a year off looks terrible on your resume and hurts your chances of future employment at that level.

Hasn't ever hurt Parcells. And it doesn't look like it is hurting Gruden or Cowher !

Hasn't ever hurt Parcells. And it doesn't look like it is hurting Gruden or Cowher !

All three of those guys have won Super Bowls and are great at promoting themselves. They have all held big TV gigs since then.

Tony Sparano hasn't won **** and is, you know, terrible, I guess, at marketing himself. He won't be on TV, I can assure you.

you're right on as usual Fin; and for Tony that's a good fit. it's home for him, in a game he's better suited for.

Back
Top Bottom