Rumors of Jamal Lewis to Lions? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumors of Jamal Lewis to Lions?

Foladar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Reports out of Detroit's WDFN radio have indicated that the Baltimore Ravens have approached the Lions about trading for their 6th overall pick. With the Terrell Owens trade falling through and Marcus Robinson leaving via free agency the Ravens need help at receiver in a big way. Billy B has expressed his concern with Jamal Lewis' pending legal troubles, and he feels last years 4th round pick Musa Smith could fill the role successfully. Early talks have consisted of the Lions dealing their 1st and 5th round picks for Lewis who would be under contract for 3 more years. It's a win for both teams as Detroit gets their runningback and the Ravens get to upgrade the depleted receiving core.

http://www.sportsline.com/messages/message/7203264/1080240418-juicefactory

I seriously doubt Detroit would go for this, reasons being,
#1 They need defensive help big time, They signed Marion but that dosen't rule out S.Taylor or a DT or LB.
#2 They can use the 6th pick to trade down and pick up more picks to fill holes.
#3 They pick 37th and can still pick up a RB that they can add to the lineup.
#4 Do you really think that any tem would give away the 6th overall pick for a guy that maybe going to prison? I don't care if he ran for 3000yrds.
Detroit is rebuilding and Mooch and Millen know all they have to do is show improvement, if they struck this deal with the Ravens and Lewis ends up in prison both would be looking for jobs.
Plain and simply too big of a risk to take.

Ravens are obviously getting rid of him for a reason. He'll be in prison for a while in the near future. If any team trades for him then they are stupid. ESPECIALLY for the #6 overall.

I doubt very seriously that
A/ there's any truth to this
and B/ he goes to jail.

The police have said they have a very weak case, and considering the time that has passed and the fact he's loaded with money I doubt he's ever going to see the inside of the jail.
Not to mention no drugs were actually purchased during the offending phone call.
He just rushed for 2000 yards and was one of the MAIN reasons the Ravens won their division and made the playoffs.
I'm sure they're just itching to get rid of him to draft a rookie who likely will never ever do anything like that.

I'll believe it when I see it.

~Bang

Originally posted by Bang
I doubt very seriously that
A/ there's any truth to this
and B/ he goes to jail.

The police have said they have a very weak case, and considering the time that has passed and the fact he's loaded with money I doubt he's ever going to see the inside of the jail.
Not to mention no drugs were actually purchased during the offending phone call.
He just rushed for 2000 yards and was one of the MAIN reasons the Ravens won their division and made the playoffs.
I'm sure they're just itching to get rid of him to draft a rookie who likely will never ever do anything like that.

I'll believe it when I see it.

~Bang

My thoughts exactly. I see it as a bad move by the Ravens, not the Lions. He's not going to Jail, he won't even lose any time off the field.

You don't trade a guy who's rushed for 4,700 yards combined the past 3 seasons. That article is garbage.

The big question in my mind is why somebody isn't making more of a move for Travis Henry. Maybe I'm a year early on this, but I would think that the Bills would have him priced to sell if they really believe in Willis...

Back
Top Bottom