Rumour out of Phins Head Office | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumour out of Phins Head Office

Rude American

Buffal Fan
Reaction score
The latest rumour to come out of Miami, as reported by USA Today, is that they are highly interested in signing Bills quarterback Rob Johnson to a 5 year, $30 million deal.

Thoughts?

I find that impossible to believe - do you have a link cowboy ?

I think it is just that Rude, a rumor. The only way Rob Johnson deserves 6 million a year, is if someone paid him to leave the NFL. lol

Jay Fiedler is our guy, but I wish R.J a HEALTHY 2002, and the best of luck.

I heard San Diego was hoping to sign him to compete ag. Flutie in the San Diego post :rolleyes:

He's about the least interesting FA QB on the market this year. Always hurt, cannot win...not a good combo. I couldn't believe he got all the money he did with Buffalo. If he's smart he'll just take a pay cut and compete for the starting job next year. If he's not, he may get the league minimum unless Dan Snyder's eyes get bigger than his head (quite a feat)...

Too many good FA QBs, and the draft is pretty strong in QBs as well. Johnson shouldn't get much interest.

- C -

Originally posted by RavensBerns
Too many good FA QBs
I thought there was just Jim Miller and Gus Ferotte and Jay Fiedler probably - who else is there ?

Skins will trade for Bledsoe - maybe ?

Originally posted by Rude American
The latest rumour to come out of Miami, as reported by USA Today, is that they are highly interested in signing Bills quarterback Rob Johnson to a 5 year, $30 million deal.

Thoughts?

I always wanted to see RJ behind an OL which can give him a protection. The Bills never could. Just look at Van Pelt. He may have looked better at times but yet he was knocked out by us as well.

RJ has a strong arm. His problem is he looks too long down field which increases his time required. He has to go through his reads a lot faster.

BTW, I do not think that the Dolphins will ever pay 5 million/year for anybody on offense as long as the D takes up 60% of the cap.

If someone comes in or stays at QB (Fiedler) it will be in the 2 million range.

I highly doubt they would pay Rob Johnson that much. I remember when we were all like :eek: when Marino got his 5 year - $25 million deal making him the highest paid QB ever! :eek:

Originally posted by miadphan13
I highly doubt they would pay Rob Johnson that much. I remember when we were all like :eek: when Marino got his 5 year - $25 million deal making him the highest paid QB ever! :eek:

I guess it was an attempt by a Bills fan trying to unload a cap problem...LOL

Back
Top Bottom