Run "D" v. Priest Holmes...Who Wins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Run "D" v. Priest Holmes...Who Wins

Holmes v. Dolphins "D", Who Wins?

• Holmes will dominate as usual.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • The run defense will step up and stuff him for a change.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He'll do well but ultimately will not be a major factor.

Votes: 21 87.5%

• Total voters

Cranx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
This was an incredible week of 'Fin football and I'm not sure I've ever watched a more complete game by the 'Fins as both the run and pass D's were stout, the running game was phenomenal, the passing game was on target when it needed to be, the O-line was dominant, and the special teams did absolutely everything right.

Next week we visit KC and face, what has become, one of the best all around backs in the NFL. Even though he plays on a horrible team, with zero defense, and a passing game that's almost as bad, Priest Holmes seems to be able to rack up huge numbers against pretty much anyone.

Considering he went off for a solid 180 yard rushing against a very good Pats D, how do you all believe he's going to fare against a Dolphins run D that's looked a little suspect at times? My gut feel is that Holmes will eclipse the 100 yard mark, as he's their only weapon, but will not be able to break the game the way he has on a couple of occasions this year (they'd be an easy 0-3 without him.)

Just wanted to get your opinions here. Here's to 4-0! :happydrin :jetssuck:

I chose option 3, but only cuz its the closest to what I think. I think he will a major factor. However, he won't carry that team to a victory over a clearly superior team at this point in the season......

Holmes is a monster ... he'll have an impressive game. However, he can't beat us alone.

Their Q.B. is referred to by the press out there as Tr(int) Green. Sam and the boyz have got to be licking their chops. Stack the line and make him chuck it.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Holmes is a monster ... he'll have an impressive game. However, he can't beat us alone.

i agree. our run D has been stout except for against edge james. But edge james is a way way different style of back and we gameplan for him differently. we play him not to give up the big TD. a Priest holmes offense is alot like ricky and our oline. this will be a mirror matchup i think. the team who turns the ball over will lose. they run student body right just like we do. our defense is much better than theres and i see us intercepting trent green a couple of times. if we dont give up the big play and stay stout in the red zone, we should do fine. Norv i think will devise a gameplan that uses up the clock. get ahead early, and force green into trouble. we have our tony gonzalez. our recievers are much better.

I think he'll probably be in the 80 - 100yrds range rushing 40-50 yards receiving and a td

holmes will get his yards. We just have to stop Tony and Eddie.

What do you mean for a change. I would have picked that option but I didn't like the for a change part of it. We did hold Curtis Martin and the Lions second string RB in check. 2 out of 3 aint bad.

Run "D" v. Priest Holmes...Who Win

The Dolphin D can stop the run when that it is the game plan and it should be this week. Holmes will get his 100 or so yards but not 180. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom