Run Defense Better Show Up Sunday | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Run Defense Better Show Up Sunday

The 4-24 stat is a bit strange. I will say that it's an unusually bad mark and I actually think Kirk Cousins is a fine quarterback. But you'd want to dig deep into that and see what's there.

Kiko and McMillan have taken a fair share of criticism for their run defense this year, but I thought they did an excellent job against the Pats. Everything seemed to click. Gap integrity, angles, tackling...it was all solid.

So why now? Why did it take 13 games for them to play like that?
Lots of 5 man fronts on the DLine was the reason. Difficult to run against that and makes the LBs job much easier with the O line tied up.

Given that he is 4-24 versus winning teams, I find it difficult to believe he is good versus pressure.

It is fair to say I am assuming that the 4-24 record implies he is not good under pressure. The only source I have is profootballfocus, and I will only take stats not ratings.

Cousins is under pressure on 38.7% of his dropbacks. He is sacked 14.3%, completes 65.4%, has thrown 5 TDs and 5 ints.

RT is under pressure on 33% of his dropbacks. He is sacked 26%, completes 50%, has thrown 5 TDs and 2 ints.

Brady is under pressure on 25.4% of his dropbacks. He is sacked 14.2%, completes 63.1%, has thrown 9 TDs and 4 ints.

I will let you decide if Cousins is good or bad.

Lots of 5 man fronts on the DLine was the reason. Difficult to run against that and makes the LBs job much easier with the O line tied up.

Oddly enough, I think the Patriots’ use of a fullback helped our linebackers. They didn’t seem to be guessing at gaps. They simply keyed off the fullback and came downhill aggressively.

I agree, Vikes fired their OC because they werent running enough, so I'm gonna bet they try to run the hell out of it on sunday.

That said, we simply cant let Diggs and Theilen run rampant through our secondary.

I hope X is back (And Burke finally reads a book about scheming a defense.)

This all day, except I’m worried maybe Burke can’t read? Like actual words not game plans but the actual ability to read....

Assuming there's a run defense at all, they cleaecl didn't make the plane to Minnesota.

Back
Top Bottom