Running Game for this Year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Running Game for this Year?

ether79 said:
I do believe Hadnot has the ABILITY to start but I think Smith attributes will allow him to be a better center than tackle and Saban must see something he likes there to switch him to position he's not used to playing.
I think you selling Hadnot short on his skills. I think Saban is trying to find a spot for Smith. I take Hadnot to start at center for a case of Sammy Adams!

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Question to you, what rookies make the team in our backfield, other then Brown if any?

I believe Harris will make the team... Competing with Gordon for the backup role...

I'm sure all three RB's will be utilized in this offense.

Gone are the days of "Run Ricky off Ruddy's ***" 30 times a game.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I think you selling Hadnot short on his skills. I think Saban is trying to find a spot for Smith. I take Hadnot to start at center for a case of Sammy Adams!
Well I'm not trying to it's just that these guys(Carey,Hadnot,McKinney,Smith) are kind of unknown quantities IMO with the horrible coaching they've recieved so far in their pro careers. WHo knows with the right coaching Hadnot could end up being a pro-browler.

I think the biggest question mark with our O-line is the LT position.

This is what I think our offensive line will probably be:

LT- Damion McIntosh/Vernon Carey
LG- Jeno James
C - Seth McKinney/Wade Smith
RG- Rex Hadnot/Vernon Carey
RT- Stockar McDougle

This is what I'm hoping it will be:

LG- Jeno James
C - Wade Smith/Rex Hadnot
RT- Stockar McDougle

So many question marks. So much confusion. If Houck could get it all sorted out, Ronnie Brown should slowly but surely catch on to our new offensive scheme. I don't think we'll be running like we did with Ricky because I think Linehan will try getting Feeley/Frerotte and the passing offense going as well, so I won't be expecting 1800+ yards for Ronnie Brown or 350+ attempts because Wanny ball is long gone. I think before you know our offensive will make slow strides of improvement, and with Ronnie Brown most likely leading the way for us... our ground would prove to be a threat.

Fin Fan in Cali said:

Hadnot was a pleasant Suprise for us... funny how a 5th rounder taken by Spielman was better than any 3rd round O-Lineman taken by Wanny... :shakeno:

But to also argue with the statment above... Hadnot and Smith are about the same size (Hadnot 6'2" 323 - Smith 6'4" 315)... Smith IMO has the better mobility but, Hadnot has more sheer strength. So pick your poison.

Spray Mucus said:
Hadnot was a pleasant Suprise for us... funny how a 5th rounder taken by Spielman was better than any 3rd round O-Lineman taken by Wanny... :shakeno:

But to also argue with the statment above... Hadnot and Smith are about the same size (Hadnot 6'2" 323 - Smith 6'4" 315)... Smith IMO has the better mobility but, Hadnot has more sheer strength. So pick your poison.
I will take Hadnot, and his strength, and Ether79 buying me a case of Sammy Adams!

painnotpleasure said:
I think the biggest question mark with our O-line is the LT position.

This is what I think our offensive line will probably be:

LG- Jeno James
C - Seth McKinney/Wade Smith
RT- Stockar McDougle

This is what I'm hoping it will be:

LG- Jeno James
C - Wade Smith/Rex Hadnot
RT- Stockar McDougle

I'm willing to bet the Farm your gonna see Carey in at one of those Starting posiotions come opening day. The guy has way to much talent not to... Wanny isn't in control anymore.

I swear Wanny was out to make Speilman look like a fool by not starting his guys.... Funny that all but one of Speilmans draft picks made the 53 man roster though.

Spray Mucus said:
I'm willing to bet the Farm your gonna see Carey in at one of those Starting posiotions come opening day. The guy has way to much talent not to... Wanny isn't in control anymore.

I swear Wanny was out to make Speilman look like a fool by not starting his guys.... Funny that all but one of Speilmans draft picks made the 53 man roster though.
How many years do you think it will take, before he runs his college team into the ground?:roflmao:

Spray Mucus said:

Oh yeah, I agree. I'm not sure if he'll be starting at LT or RG. The / didn't represent that I thought he was going to be back up. I just meant that the starting job was open to either of the two, just couldn't decide which... but probably would between those two. Personally I'd be happy with either position as long as he starts. I prefer RG because I think that's a position that he could execute well, but if D-Mac or whomever else is not the answer at LT I suppose I would want him there. I agree though that he will most likely find his way somewhere in the starting lineup this season.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
How many years do you think it will take, before he runs his college team into the ground?:roflmao:
I think the better question would be how many "games". :wink:

Fin Fan in Cali said:
You can pay up when you come out for the Charger game! I even show you where the fridge is in the garage!:roflmao:
:roflmao: Yep, I'll hand deliver it to your fridge.

painnotpleasure said:
I think the better question would be how many "games". :wink:

The sadest thing about that is, he's gonna screw up is Alma Mater... He'll even be hated in his home town.

He should have really quit while he was ahead... wait he NEVER was ahead. My bad.

Back
Top Bottom