Running game with an awful Offensive Line | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Running game with an awful Offensive Line

First off, I like P. Simms, and I like him as a broadcaster....

THE PHINZ OL - First of all, does anyone here actually think that this new OL could be any worse than the one we had to live with last season???.....NO WAY IN HELL!!!

Does anyone question the brilliance of OC N. Turner???......

He's among the top 5 OC's in the NFL.....

We have more weapons on this offense than I've seen in years, and N. Tuner will get everything out of this offense. Defenses will be on their heels once things start to flow, and R. Williams will be a factor not only on the ground, but recieving as well.....

I have no worries on offense right now. The day Dave was able to get him down here, all my worries quickly disappeared.

The DT position is my biggest concern right now....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Sorry I'll go with Turner...

Originally posted by PhinKev
There are a number of factors to keep in mind. The Chargers had a great deal more success running in the beginning of the season and the offensive line did perform better than expected. Flutie was excellent in the beginning as well and then things fell apart.

Sometimes it is hard to isolate one aspect of a team's play and argue that it is most important. A good running game is the product of different factors including, the success of the passing game, quarterback, receiver blocking, play calling and O-line.

I think Simms overstated things to suggest that a team can play call its way to a successful runinning game if the o-line is not performing. Smoke and Mirrors only work so long.

... that he was the reason that they improved so much. The guy can flat call plays that fool the defense. I think Simms has a point, and it's a GREAT point. I also give credit to Tomblinson, their rookie HB last year. The HB makes an OL.

Oliver...

I have no worries on offense right now.
The DT position is my biggest concern right now....

Funny how we all saw the same game and come away with different perceptions. The defense with second string tackles and third string linebackers seemed to play OK to me. The first string OL (without Dixon) looked awful to me. I can't arque that last year's OL didn't gel. That's exactly what leads me to doubts for this year. Obviously its too early to panic but I think we have more problems on the OL.

Originally posted by Muck
I disagree about Simms. Whenever he does Dolphin games, he usually has A LOT of good things to say about the Phins. Especially Chris Chambers and Jay Fiedler.

the thing i dont like about Simms, is he talk, talk, talks about the other guys all day long and then all of a sudden he changes when we make a great play. he changes like the wind. he is an a$$kisser IMO. he does say good things about us and JF and so on.but he doesnt sell it in the beginning. not like he needs to but he will talk all day long about how great Peyton manning is even if he has thrown more INTs than Fiedler. he is like alot of people in the media. i think two of the best guys in the booth are actually Bills homers. Paul Mcguire and yes Steve Tasker!

Back
Top Bottom