Running game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Running game

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
The blocking is doing very well if not still somewhat inconsistent. Gaskin could have had 100 but I think they stopped running him. My concern is when they put in Brieda, he looks very hesitant and dare I say slow. This kid needs to be more decisive and play faster. We know the guy has wheels but he looks like he’s thinking too much. Concerning that the running game only looks good with Gaskin.

The blocking is doing very well if not still somewhat inconsistent. Gaskin could have had 100 but I think they stopped running him. My concern is when they put in Brieda, he looks very hesitant and dare I say slow. This kid needs to be more decisive and play faster. We know the guy has wheels but he looks like he’s thinking too much. Concerning that the running game only looks good with Gaskin.
One knock I had on Chan was he became rather predictable in when he called run plays. SinceBreida came in late, I think the D was anticipating many of those runs

Blocking was touch and go, but Williams runs a very aggressive sell out defense so there were going to be wtf kind of plays whereas other teams Miami has played dont attack like that and the blocking was more consistent throughout a game.

Jackson was missed more so in this game than last week, he was excelling in pass pro and again the Jest as bad as they are are still aggressive on D and got some pressure and hits that likely slowed down the offense's game plan, especially after the hit on Fitz.

The thing I like is that the staff FOR ONCE seems to take the tape actually sit down with the players and say.....here is what you did well, okay now lets keep that going and focus on how to do that again next week...BUT...here is what you didnt execute and we are going to work hard this week to get that tightened up because that isnt going to fly.

Its crazy to have a staff that holds players accountable but still coaches the hell out of them.

Brieda really wasnt put into situations to make him look great, rushing in the second half of that game was always going to be tough sledding, as the Jest were going to do everything to keep Miami from bleeding the clock. And I do not care how good your line is if they stack 9/10 guys in the box you arent going to gash for to many 8+ yard runs.

Yup very predictable once we had the lead. Too many 3 and outs for a team we should have been able to torch at will but I think it comes from a lack of power run game.

I'm trying to be patient with the run game. Hopefully it picks up after the bye.

I am very happy with Chan. He's letting it rip. That's very smart. I mean, what else is there to do with these receivers?

I'm sure if he Chan gave Breida some touches from the beginning of the game, he will have success and break off for a big one.

But it's all Gaskin.

I'm sure if he Chan gave Breida some touches from the beginning of the game, he will have success and break off for a big one.

But it's all Gaskin.
Breida isn’t going to start until he learns how to be useful in pass pro. Gaskin is earning the touches by doing all the dirty work that fans don’t see unless they specifically look for.

Gaskin is running hard for sure but I feel like a lot of the time Breida is in he is hit in the backfield more frequently

Gaskin is running hard for sure but I feel like a lot of the time Breida is in he is hit in the backfield more frequently
Brieda is a just a speedster. He can't really carry the load as his time in San fran showed. Gaskin in respects is a lotblike bell. They never broke open large runs, but their ability to play the position aows them to maximize their opprotunities

well I wouldn’t even look at one unless they can pass block because I think that’s why Gaskins is getting the run right now
I don’t know a thing about the guys in college available at the position next year. One of them has to be good as pass blocking I’d think.

Back
Top Bottom