Rush and McNabb | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rush and McNabb

What a bunch of cr@p. Conservatives have gone from creating interesting dialogue to creating pat answers such as "liberal media" and "politcal correctness," both lazy, end the argument statements. Very similar to the left calling someone a nazi.

Please show me an article, video clip etc, where McNabb is treated any differently because he is black. The old saw is true QB's get more credit and blame than they deserve. A better argument could be made that Fielder is treated differently because he is a jew. (BTW, I do not belive that) How has Kordell done in the press? Until recently (ie one good game) Quincy was not getting a lot of love in the liberal media. Its a matter of what have you done for me lately.

Is it a valid point that McNabb is overrated? Of course. Is it valid to say he is treated differently because he is black? Not without some rock hard evidence. That evidence has not been produced.

Don't get me wrong. I don't blame Rush. He is what he is. I blame ESPN for injecting politics into my Sunday Morning rituals. I know where to find Rush and his ilk when I need some comic relief. I don't need it in my football.

Texphinphan

Originally posted by TexPhinPhan
What a bunch of cr@p. Conservatives have gone from creating interesting dialogue to creating pat answers such as "liberal media" and "politcal correctness," both lazy, end the argument statements. Very similar to the left calling someone a nazi.

Please show me an article, video clip etc, where McNabb is treated any differently because he is black. The old saw is true QB's get more credit and blame than they deserve. A better argument could be made that Fielder is treated differently because he is a jew. (BTW, I do not belive that) How has Kordell done in the press? Until recently (ie one good game) Quincy was not getting a lot of love in the liberal media. Its a matter of what have you done for me lately.

Is it a valid point that McNabb is overrated? Of course. Is it valid to say he is treated differently because he is black? Not without some rock hard evidence. That evidence has not been produced.

Don't get me wrong. I don't blame Rush. He is what he is. I blame ESPN for injecting politics into my Sunday Morning rituals. I know where to find Rush and his ilk when I need some comic relief. I don't need it in my football.

Texphinphan

Well just remember this tex... there was NO politics in your Sunday morning football until howard dean (democrat) made a big deal about it on Tuesday! A full 48 hours after Rush said the comments! From there, guess who blows the comments up? CNN (democratic-favored) makes it a "big story". It was a tactic on behalf of the left to slam one of the renowned Republican voices of today who draws millions of supporters. "Oh Rush said something about a black athlete being overrated, lets make it a controversy and hope he gets in trouble!" I bet thats exactly what those who initiated the controversy were saying a full 3 days later after the comments. Look, I'll be honest, these sickening conspiracies are performed by both parties. But stop being in denial and truly ask yourself... was there any reason for ANYONE of us in this country to get uptight about Rush's comments forcing him to resign? Go to rushlimbaugh.com to see the video clip and see for yourself how blazay the conversation was, it was no big deal. If you want facts about blacks being treated differently by the NFL, just look at the NFL FORCING teams to interview blacks for vacant coaching positions, if not they will be subject to huge fines like the Detroit Lions ($200,000). I'm not trying to criticize these actions but, what more proof do you need about the NFL treating African-Americans differently??

Not ignoring you Dolfan2, but as ZOD said in the other thread this conversation gets kinda stale on the internet.

I suppose Iwould answer you by saying what I did in my conversation with Zod on the other thread.

Texphinphan

Originally posted by Dolfan02

Well just remember this tex... there was NO politics in your Sunday morning football until howard dean (democrat) made a big deal about it on Tuesday! A full 48 hours after Rush said the comments!

Actually I heard the folks on ABC News going ballistic about it that afternoon, the ball was allready rolling, and even if Dean (another moron, only from the left instead of the right) hadn't said anything this would have all still happened.

Here are my thoughts on the whole situation. As a side note I am generally a big supporter of Rush and /i probaly am the most conservative member of this site(I scored a 38 on a political test on another link with 0 being leftist and 40 being pure conservative, the next highest admitted score by a member was a 31, and the lowest an 8).
Anyway, on the football side of Rush's statement I happen to agree with him. I do feel McNabb is overated. Now McNabb is a good leader, apparently a charming guy, good on commercials, a bright guy, and worthy enough to be on his alma-mata's board of regents. However he is erratic as a quarterback. The Eagles actually were a better offensive team after he was hurt last year. I also feel that the Eagles derived most of their success from their defense. Somewhere in this site during the summer I had wrote that the Eagles were the playoff team most likely to flop this year, due to overdependence on the defense, losing four key members of their front seven, including the true team leader Hugh Douglass, and the offense not being strong enough to carry a team. I also wrote somewhere that Michael Vick is already a better quarterback than McNabb.
Rush made a mistake in bringing out the social forces comment. Even though he may be correct in his arguement, a football show is absolutely the wrong place to make that claim. That comment had no business showing up on that show at all.
Now as for the reaction directed toward Rush, most of it came from those who are Rush's enemies. People like Sharpton, Dean, and Clark are stated enemies of Rush and Rush has gotten hard on them in the past, so they are gleeful to have a chance to attack him back. Also the media reaction comes from the fact that in general the media members hate Rush and were more than eager to make him look bad any chance they have a chance to.
It is interesting that Rush had one defender, John Rocker.

Back
Top Bottom