Rush Limbaugh to appear on ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rush Limbaugh to appear on ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown

as much as we all hate how retarded Madden is, he still belongs there with Al Michaels....he belongs there so we can make fun of him....:)
besides its not long before he croaks anyways...give it a few more years...

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
Rush Limbaugh is a radio personality that is so far right on the political scale, hes almost a nazi...he has his show from 12-3 i believe on 610 WIOD during the week, syndicated nationwide....
That was a stupid thing to say.

Originally posted by booyeah_
I think he could make things interesting for a pregame show for the Sunday night game. I wonder who his favorite team is. Either way, it's a hit or miss thing. He'll either be great or lousy on ESPN.

Rush is a big Pittsburgh Steeler fan. He does know football...he played on the offensive line in HS.

However, since he does live in South Florida and knows our owner WAYNE H... he should be able to come up with some insights about our Dolphin team.

All politics aside...Rush is a top broadcaster that brings his own unique perspective. He will do his homework and perhaps he will voice an opinion that does more than just spout stupid cliches by a bunch of X-players that have been hit in the head one too many times.

Dr. Z over at SI kinda summed up my feelings on this move in his Mailbag article...

Duncan of Fairfax, Va., wants my thoughts on Rush Limbaugh being added to ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown. "Personally, I'm getting ready to break out the pitchfork and find me a couple of torches," he writes, "but I suppose I'll have to make do with just not watching the show." Careful about hints of terrorism, Dunc. Not only the FBI, but the Justice Department monitors columns such as these for any hints of terrorist threats. To say nothing of the Department of Agriculture and the Attorney General's Office, which is exactly what I'd like to say about them. Not that I don't agree with everything you've said. I most certainly do. It's funny, on Thursday afternoon I did an interview on ESPN Radio, only because I wanted to present my Limbaugh views right up front. So I ranted and raved for a while about how ABC set the idiot-tone with its Dennis Miller venture. But Miller, while being a football ignoramus, at least wasn't mean, in direct contrast to this Limbaugh character, who's not only stupid and nasty, but stupid and nasty at the top of his voice. The pity of it is that I used to enjoy watching Countdown, but of course I won't tune in anymore. And what do you think the radio guy said? Right on cue he came in with, "See that, we're all talking about him." To which I retorted that we talk about murderers, too, and thugs and all manner of aberrant behavior, which doesn't mean that we want to include it as expert commentary on the football scene. I hope to God this is the last reference to Limbaugh that I'll have to make.
:patriot: :sailor:

Back
Top Bottom