Ryan, Long or Dorsey. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan, Long or Dorsey.

zach8111

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If Bill Parcells believes that Beck isn't there guy they will pick Ryan. Ryan is extremely talented and by far the best QB in the draft. Now i have been against picking Ryan because i believe Beck can be good and hasnt has a fair shot yet, but if parcells doesnt believe beck is the guy then you know he wont feel bad for taking ryan.

I think if Parcells thinks Beck could be the guy or would like to see how he preforms this year, the number 1 pick will be Chris Long or Glen Dorsey. I'd prefer Long but Dorsey would be great too. Both the DE and DT classes are deep this year. Chris Long fits our system a little better than dorsey but i believe both could be very sucessful next year in a phin uniform.

I really think the best thing for miami to do is trade down and pick up picks. I'd love to trade down a couple times like atlanta then dallas but i dont see that happening. I think the most realistic trade would be with dallas for #22, #28, #59 and possibly a player like Spears (on trading block). That would be EXTREMELY helpful in a rebuilding phase.

Taking a OT, WR, DT, DE (Spears), TE, CB all need to be picks this year and probably high ones. If we traded down we could get most of them pretty high.

1.OT Otah (beef up and solidify our line)
1.CB Roger-Cramartie (Need a #1 CB to help out Allen)
2.WR Hardy (Huge WR with great hands and productive in college)
2.DT Red Bryant (best NT in draft)or QB Joe Flacco (has a canyon for an arm)
2.TE Bennett (big TE-BP type of TE, need a TE to help out QB)
3.MLB Bell (Big MLB-BP type MLB, need to add to LB core)
4.SS Calib Campbell (Huge S with good Speed) or Andrew Baine OG (great run blocker) or Jason Jones DE (if no Spears)

These are just some guys who i think can help us out at each picks.
And thats without FA.

The draft looks pretty good if we are able to trade down but if we can't then i would really just want C. Long. That is because Dorsey has been nicked up and Long has been outstanding at DE in the 3-4. I really hope that Parcells doesn't take Ryan in the draft because i was able to watch him this year and he didn't do good at all in big games.

Go D-line with the first and Flacco with the late 2nd if possible! I have a gut feeling about Flacco, similar to what I felt when Big Ben was coming out. I guess it worked out for Pitt. Our D needs so much help that we have to use the first on Dorsey or Long. Now if we can get Ryan with the 1st. and Ellis with the 2nd. I'd be cool with that I guess. Ellis probably won't be there though. My 1st. scenario would be much more ideal in my opinion.

1.OT Otah (beef up and solidify our line)
1.CB Roger-Cramartie (Need a #1 CB to help out Allen)
2.WR Hardy (Huge WR with great hands and productive in college)
2.DT Red Bryant (best NT in draft)or QB Joe Flacco (has a canyon for an arm)
2.TE Bennett (big TE-BP type of TE, need a TE to help out QB)
3.MLB Bell (Big MLB-BP type MLB, need to add to LB core)
4.SS Calib Campbell (Huge S with good Speed) or Andrew Baine OG (great run blocker) or Jason Jones DE (if no Spears)

These are just some guys who i think can help us out at each picks.
And thats without FA.

Of course a trade of this magnitude is virtually impossible, but if anybody can pull it off, Tuna can.

I would really LOVE that draft saying that I would take Red Bryant and absolutely pass on Falco.

You have done a good job addressing our most pressing needs, no serious "Sexy" picks, but almost all if not all are very realistic projected starters...Nice scenario:up:

I'm just not that crazy about Ryan, he throws way too many INT's for me. I've watched him for 3 years now in the ACC, and he just doesn't do it for me personally. I feel we need to go after a FA QB to go along with Beck and Lemon. Matt Ryan is way overrated.

Back
Top Bottom