Ryan Tannehill | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

Best Dolphin QB since Pennington.

Legendary.

Here we are starting RTs seventh year as pro and still debating if he’s any good. Shouldn’t this be known by now?

I think they are debating if he is elite. For all purposes the man is a solid QB, his stats tell you that, his performances tell us that. Behind 4 different Schemes and Horrid line play he has proven to be a solid QB. He is not an elite QB and I dont think he will ever be. He will need a complete team around him to be successful enough to look like an elite QB but he wont be like most QB’s. I don’t think he is the reason we lose most of the time. I can remember so many games he got us the lead in the 4th just to give up that last min drive, if only we had a O-Line and D since he’s been here. 16’ the unicorns played and the D showed up with big plays at the end of games and we made the playoffs. I believe this is a recipe that can be duplicated. I am happy with him, he is a non issue, keep him protected with a balanced attack, a top 15 D and he will continue to take us to the playoffs moving forward.

I can see the excuses that will be made when Tannehill does his usual lackluster performances: He is just rusty because he didn't play last year... He lost his goto receiver.....He has a new offensive coordinator......He has to develope chemistry with his new receivers....He has a new center....etc. Rick Spielman overdrafted Tannehill in a desperate attempt to save his job. Tannehill has had 6 years to show the world what he is, and what he is is an average QB. I doubt that Tannehill causes too many defensive coordinators to loose much sleep.

I can see the excuses that will be made when Tannehill does his usual lackluster performances: He is just rusty because he didn't play last year... He lost his goto receiver.....He has a new offensive coordinator......He has to develope chemistry with his new receivers....He has a new center....etc. Rick Spielman overdrafted Tannehill in a desperate attempt to save his job. Tannehill has had 6 years to show the world what he is, and what he is is an average QB. I doubt that Tannehill causes too many defensive coordinators to loose much sleep.

Okay.

Yup. And with his injury concerns, and not playing for over a year, most of us are DONE waiting. And while I want to see him play this year, I damn sure dont want another year with no upside sitting on the bench behind him.

We need a possible successor waiting in the wings. This draft is the perfect opportunity.

This is not a perfect opportunity. As a matter of fact its the total opposite. There are 6,7 teams desperate for a QB this year. Going to be a huge overpay to get one this year. Too bad we weren't sitting at 11 last year. Watson and Mahome went around there. KC had the perfect trade up. But that was last year.

I think they are debating if he is elite. For all purposes the man is a solid QB, his stats tell you that, his performances tell us that. Behind 4 different Schemes and Horrid line play he has proven to be a solid QB. He is not an elite QB and I dont think he will ever be. He will need a complete team around him to be successful enough to look like an elite QB but he wont be like most QB’s. I don’t think he is the reason we lose most of the time. I can remember so many games he got us the lead in the 4th just to give up that last min drive, if only we had a O-Line and D since he’s been here. 16’ the unicorns played and the D showed up with big plays at the end of games and we made the playoffs. I believe this is a recipe that can be duplicated. I am happy with him, he is a non issue, keep him protected with a balanced attack, a top 15 D and he will continue to take us to the playoffs moving forward.

This is pretty much it right here. I can't think of any flaw that he's had that he didn't address either mid-season or in the offseason (Throwing the long ball, holding the ball too long, audibles, etc. .) like a smart, driven QB would do.

It's obvious to me that this team doesn't have a player problem, it has a serious staff infection, starting with our dipshit owner.

Tannehill is to coaches what Kryptonite is to Superman.[/QUOTE

Are you aware that in your statement you compare our previous coaches to superman.

Are you also claiming Coach Gase is comparable to superman. I noticed that Tannehill doesn't seem to be having a negative effect on him that you claim he had on the others.

If there is some kind of formal recognition on this forum for the most absurd statement from a poster, this would have to be one of them!

THINK!

I'm a HUGE fan of any My Yammie Dolphin QB that gets the job done(!) and wins games as a direct result of his contribution.

I'm no THill hater but -- the kid is NOT a proven difference maker. Let's hope he proves to be a legit difference maker this season
because he has a LOT to prove on the + side of 30!

People don't wanna hear this but Chad Pennington in reality was not all that. Sure, with the help of the wildcat, he had a few shining moments dinking and dunking for a high completion percentage but the next two years he went 0-4 throwing 1TD and 2 Ints. It was also the year Brady was out.

One only needs to look at the Baltimore postseason game to understand how limited he was. What were there..8 in the box against noodle arm? And how did that work out? Wasn't it 1 TD and 4 Ints? The year before he joined the fins, some ganggreen fans did a game by game study of Pennington and determined that when facing Top 10 scoring D's he had a career record of less than .250.. and closer to .210 in the playoffs. Well, in that "magical" 08 season, we faced 4 top 10 scoring Ds (Balt and NE 2x each) and he was 1-3.. right about his average. While I don't have the OL's performance stats, I do know that the 08 team fielded the 9th best league scoring D behind Penny so there's that too.

So yeah, we can appreciate the "feel good" lightning in the bottle he, Ronnie and the WC provided us, but for perspective sake in the pantheon of Fins QBs, let's not be so quick to exhalt him into anything he really was not.

Up to that point, that offense had the fewest turnovers in NFL history until that mark was later broken. So yes, Pennington should receive a tremendous amount of credit for that.

Also, throwing numbers out about Pennington vs. teams with top defenses...I'd venture to guess Tannehill hasn't fared much better against top tier defenses in his career.

Just had a Kind bar. Dark chocolate with cherries. So tasty.

I just ate an entire tombstone pizza to myself. Was also tasty. Had i known you were eating Kind bars we may have been able to trade a slice for a bar. Next time, I guess.

Another "Ryan Tannehill ain't so bad" thread....yay!

Dude is going on year 7 (year 6 if you discount him sitting out 2017) and we're still waiting for his big statement year.

We'll know a lot more about Gase's/team's confidence in him if Mayfield is there at 11 and we take him.

to be fair, a quarterback entering his age 30 season is by no means done developing. Realistically, the peak for QBs is close to midway through their 30s.

also, if you still believe that a QB has to be an all star earlier in their career, might want to go look at the careers of Kurt Warner, Rich Gannon, and Steve Young.

Also side note: Philip Rivers since 2010 has a 60-68 record, yet you don't see people clamoring for his job or saying that he's not good because his record isn't good. Drew Brees from 2012-2016 had a 39-40 record, but same thing. When those guys are talked about, the narrative was always about their defenses not being any good or the offensive lines not being any good or injuries to skill players, etc.

Nobody's consistent with their argument on this.

Dan Marino never won a super bowl, so I guess that means Trent Dilfer is better than he is.

In another thread I made mention of the infallible nature from which Tannehill fans come from, and was told it never happens. Yet here we are....Again.

tenor.gif

I'm a HUGE fan of any My Yammie Dolphin QB that gets the job done(!) and wins games as a direct result of his contribution.

I'm no THill hater but -- the kid is NOT a proven difference maker. Let's hope he proves to be a legit difference maker this season
because he has a LOT to prove on the + side of 30!
You're right, because everything stayed status quo when he was out
<insert sarcasm emoji here>

In another thread I made mention of the infallible nature from which Tannehill fans come from, and was told it never happens. Yet here we are....Again.

View attachment 11405

1cJEDcl.gif

d5INbVw.gif

Back
Top Bottom