Saban and co. profiled on NFL Network | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban and co. profiled on NFL Network

since i moved and dropped direct tv, it sucks not having nfl network. its the only thing im missing though so i cant complain

Samphin said:
Hey, I went through a coulpe of pages and didn't see it posted so here goes. NFL Playbook, the show on right after Total Access, had a nice little look into mini camp of the Miami Dolphins.. Got to see Saban instructing Matt Roth and some DB's as well. They showed him giving a speech to the team about giving their all when they are out on the field. To paraphrase, " When you step onto this field, between the white lines, all the b!tching and moaning stops. My a$s hurts, my le hurts, or whatever, it stops. It is about giving your best both mentally and physically when you are out there"

again, not a quote but a paraphrase of what he said to the team. Yes he was wearing that horrible hat ( which is gorwing on me ). Afterwards, the boobs all said Saban will do good things in Miami and they like the idea of Scott Linehan running the offense. Glenn Parker, the former Bill, said we don't have the offensive weapons to run it and that Saban would be a hit if he can mold his coaching style back into the pro game, as opposed to the college game. The other guys quickly reminded him that Miami has very capable weapons in Chambers, Brown, Booker and McMichael.

All in all, a nice little piece. Had it been ESPN, it wouldn't have been so pleasant. Hell, had it been ESPN, it would have been on the PATS or Packers.
Dude fianlly the Network talks about us for once...just to let you know Parker is the biggest boob of them all...and that says alot because they're all pretty horrible...Glenn Parker tries soo hard to be like mike golic and mark schlereth from the other nfl show its sad...the token offensive lineman giving his two bits when it come to Oline play...but when it comes to anything else they sound stupid...I just dont like Glenn Parker from NFL Network...I'm sure his boob co-anchors Solomon Wilcox(Deion wannabe),Mike Mayock(Kiper wannabe) and Paul Bermeister(Marino wannabe)...Playbook show is annoying.

ChambersNBoston said:
Dude fianlly the Network talks about us for once...just to let you know Parker is the biggest boob of them all...and that says alot because they're all pretty horrible...Glenn Parker tries soo hard to be like mike golic and mark schlereth from the other nfl show its sad...the token offensive lineman giving his two bits when it come to Oline play...but when it comes to anything else they sound stupid...I just dont like Glenn Parker from NFL Network...I'm sure his boob co-anchors Solomon Wilcox(Deion wannabe),Mike Mayock(Kiper wannabe) and Paul Bermeister(Marino wannabe)...Playbook show is annoying.

Yeah, its funny because I really enjoy All Access. I think Rich Eisen does a good job hosting it and Lincoln Kennedy, Terrell Davis and Rod Woodson complement him as guest hosts well. Playbook, however is just unwatchable to me most of the time. I found this on accident. I had it on for All Access then got busy towards the end and forgot to change the channel. Mike Mayock is the only one I can stomach on there. All the others are terrible. I liked Sterling but I haven't seen him in awhile.

saban and fish on playbook..........

Thanks for giving us a synopsis. I caught right after they left the live feed from camp.

Glenn parker is an idiot. Their lack of knowledge about the fins is incredible.
Solomon "Grundy" didn't even know we had boston back, Glenn "cow town" parker was doubting our weapons. Was wondering if we could execute what linehan calls on game day.

Best thing i got out of it was watching ferotte (sp?) work on that mean san francisco D (j/k)

I definately want to catch it again, just to see Saban saying "Dog"!

FinsDontGiveIn said:
Of course Glen Parker has to put his 2 cents in. He is the worst personality in sports tv. He is unimformed and very disturbing to look at, not to mention he hates the fins. It blow's my mind how idiots like him lands a job on the NFL network.:moon: To Glenn

He's a Bill. I expect nothing less from that bald moron.

phillip goodwin said:
confirmed. It will be back on at 2:00AM.

Thanks alot! I'm definitely about to watch it and tape it on my "The Nick Saban era begins" tape that I have assembled.

It includes his press conference when he was hired, his interview at the scouting combine, the Ronnie Brown pick at the draft, and now this.

Just watched and taped it.

Awesome.

You know those magazines that come out that show rankings of NFL coaches? Be prepared to see "Nick Saban" in the top 5 for a long time.

Saban just brings a winning attitude...doesn't he? I love it.

Sounds like a great piece, sorry that I missed it. If you're not pumped and excited about this guy and this staff, you just don't know football. As far as having the weopons or not, that's what people said when Gruden came to Tampa Bay with Brad Johnson (Not a gruden QB), Michael Pittman (Not Gruden RB), Kennan McCardell, Joe Jerivicious, and Keyshawn (Not Gruden type Recievers) they said.. none of these guys, according to anyone, fit into Gruden's system, so all the did was go on to win the superbowl, now I know it was primarily on defense, but, the offense sure did pull their weight during the playoffs. I'm not saying we're at the point yet, but, no one knows what we have for sure until we get the players through these mini-camps, through training camp and read for the games.. i'm excited, that's all I can say!

Back
Top Bottom