Saban and his value chart... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban and his value chart...

jbond

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
1. At No. 2, Nick Saban is driving an impossibly hard bargain in trade talks to move down. He's adhering to the draft-value sheet most teams use to determine the fairness of trades in a year when most NFL people you should throw the sheet away because the level of talent is not as good.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/04/22/nfl.rumors/index.html?cnn=yes

personally, i'm glad to see him sticking to his guns even with more even talent (or lack of) in this years' draft. We did just get our #2 didn't we? I'd say chances are also good for us to trade down and get 2 first rounders as there's enough suitors. Way to go Nick!!!

Impossibly hard bargain? Why is that a hard bargain? Lets see how hard of a bargain it is when SF passes on Braylon. our #2 will be sold pretty quick. These so called "experts" need to get over themselves, and STFU when it comes to how we should run our team, well, how Nick should. Criticize, criticisze, thats all they do when a guy sticks to his guns. I see we got our 2nd rounder for Surtain, but that was probably stupid also, according to these "experts". it just takes time for GM's to learn, Nick aint Wanny and they will have to pay to get our players/picks now. I'm with ya, way to go Nick!!!

I think I like our new coach. Whereas with Wanny there was a period where I couldn't tell if I liked him or not and then last season happened. Nick Saban will either get us the best deal or the best player and that's the message the rest of the league is learning from this "college coach".

St Nick will be faithful to the Dolphin tradition-despite the team's fans-mark my words-we will be pretty good if not a playoff team THIS year-and it all starts today at number 2....................

LithoMan said:
Impossibly hard bargain? Why is that a hard bargain? Lets see how hard of a bargain it is when SF passes on Braylon. our #2 will be sold pretty quick.

i was just thinking that. hell, peterson in KC buckled before draft day after making this big proclamation that a #4 would be his limit. when braylon falls to #2, maimi's phone will ring off the hook.

best case scenario, miami could swap with TB/WAS and STILL possibly get brown, though unlikely.

SuperMarksBros. said:
i was just thinking that. hell, peterson in KC buckled before draft day after making this big proclamation that a #4 would be his limit. when braylon falls to #2, maimi's phone will ring off the hook.

best case scenario, miami could swap with TB/WAS and STILL possibly get brown, though unlikely.[/QUOTE]

whatever we got other than the 1st would be free. Our options and the talent available would be virtually the same.

Doesn't matter where we pick. I trust Saban to pick a great player.

I was surprised to find out that the Draft value chart that we are all familiar with is not the only chart.Some teams have charts that are different but not that much different (A variation of about 50 points)

I think Saban is posturing by saying he would adhere strictly to the value chart.
That is designed to prevent teams from low balling him.In the end I think he will give in a little or accept a deal which would be difficult to compare with numbers.

Back
Top Bottom