Saban Considered On Taking QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Considered On Taking QB

GreenMonster

Never con a con man
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
4,912
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Atlanta
I am glad we picked up Daniels in the 4th and not Orton now. I would have been happy taking a shot on Mcphearson in the 5th but not the top half of the 4th. I am not mad we didn't pick a QB in the draft this year.
 

Smoke

ZT = HOF
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
5,090
Reaction score
3
Location
LINCOLN, NE
McPherson or Orton in the 4th rd would've been better than Daniels. I know Daniels will probably have a big role this year but, imo, either one of those qb's are better value and have more potential. Say what you will about McPherson but he definately has a good chance of being the best qb out of the whole draft.
 

Ohio Fanatic

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
2,891
Reaction score
1
Location
Concord, MA
Finz Fury said:
McPherson or Orton in the 4th rd would've been better than Daniels. I know Daniels will probably have a big role this year but, imo, either one of those qb's are better value and have more potential. Say what you will about McPherson but he definately has a good chance of being the best qb out of the whole draft.

Yes, but also has a chance of being a big bust. I think he'll be decent, but it's all speculation. Just like I'm glad we didn't wasted a pick on Orton, because I speculate he WILL be the biggest bust of this draft.
 

GreenMonster

Never con a con man
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
4,912
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Atlanta
Finz Fury said:
McPherson or Orton in the 4th rd would've been better than Daniels. I know Daniels will probably have a big role this year but, imo, either one of those qb's are better value and have more potential. Say what you will about McPherson but he definately has a good chance of being the best qb out of the whole draft.

Orton dropped to the 4th for a reason. He had a subpar senior year in college which isn't good. McPherson has plenty of potential but has a long way to go before becoming a good NFL QB. I would rather wait till next year and get a more polished QB talent in the 1st or 2nd round.
 

Doktor Ivel

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
0
Location
Varies From Day to Day
oh well, if feeley sucks then we'll draft one next year.....there is going to be great QB's in next years draft

Leinart USC
Tate Iowa
Leak Florida
etc.
 

Hummer23

Practice Squad
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
177
Reaction score
0
Location
Buffalo
Would you rather have Orton or McPherson? I think I would rather have Orton he was supposed to be a 1st round QB until he got injured last year.
 

Doktor Ivel

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
0
Location
Varies From Day to Day
GreenMonster said:
Orton dropped to the 4th for a reason. He had a subpar senior year in college which isn't good. McPherson has plenty of potential but has a long way to go before becoming a good NFL QB. I would rather wait till next year and get a more polished QB talent in the 1st or 2nd round.

Orton had a great year....the reason why he was picked so late was because he got injured.
 

dolphinfan2k5

I don't want a large Farva
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
2,913
Reaction score
0
Age
32
Location
Iowa
I hope Vince Young comes out and we get a shot at him. I thought he looked good last year but I need to watch him more before I'm sure.
 

dolphinfan2k5

I don't want a large Farva
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
2,913
Reaction score
0
Age
32
Location
Iowa
Doktor Ivel said:
Orton had a great year....the reason why he was picked so late was because he got injured.

And because he has small hands and is fumble prone.
 

keys_finfan

Starter
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Messages
314
Reaction score
0
i am happy with the picks that we had in the draft, i would not have changed a single one
 

kastofsna120

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Feb 3, 2005
Messages
6,291
Reaction score
0
Location
Tampa FL
Doktor Ivel said:
oh well, if feeley sucks then we'll draft one next year.....there is going to be great QB's in next years draft

Leinart USC
Tate Iowa
Leak Florida
etc.
tate and leak? both are barely 6 feet tall. i doubt any team will be spending top picks on either one
 
Top Bottom