Saban discusses trading back (Today's Herald)

DOLFANMIKE

NFL'S WINNINGEST TEAM
Joined
Feb 16, 2002
Messages
4,011
Reaction score
38
Location
SO CAL
Saban made it clear what it will take to get our pick at #2 overall. Kinda anyhow.....

"Saban said the club has a chart that suggests what type of compensation Miami should get for moving down in the draft. The coach said he would follow that chart strictly in forging a trade."

So if that chart is the same chart that JJ made popular with Jerry Jones back in Dallas, we can have a good feeling about draft day...if there are any takers.
 

NaboCane

I'm on my comma
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
24,268
Reaction score
10
Location
Seattle, WA
I think that when the speculation is all done, by or on draft day a trade will happen.

The draft is a colossal game of brinksmanship that is nerve-wracking for fans, but let's face it - it's got to be a blast to be involved in. I'd give a lot to be in the war room of just one of the teams in the days leading up to, and during, the draft.

The point is that despite all the talk of no value at the top of the draft, blahblahblah, there's always at least one GM or Coach who either knows or thinks he knows something the others don't, and he will pay big for the chance to draft a particular player.

I've been saying this since last season ended, and on draft day or shortly before, you'll see it happen. Take it to the bank; and BTW, if anyone would like to place a wager on this, I'll put my money where my keyboard is.

In the meantime, sit back and enjoy the show.
 

DOLFANMIKE

NFL'S WINNINGEST TEAM
Joined
Feb 16, 2002
Messages
4,011
Reaction score
38
Location
SO CAL
NaboCane said:
I think that when the speculation is all done, by or on draft day a trade will happen.

The draft is a colossal game of brinksmanship that is nerve-wracking for fans, but let's face it - it's got to be a blast to be involved in. I'd give a lot to be in the war room of just one of the teams in the days leading up to, and during, the draft.

The point is that despite all the talk of no value at the top of the draft, blahblahblah, there's always at least one GM or Coach who either knows or thinks he knows something the others don't, and he will pay big for the chance to draft a particular player.

I've been saying this since last season ended, and on draft day or shortly before, you'll see it happen. Take it to the bank; and BTW, if anyone would like to place a wager on this, I'll put my money where my keyboard is.

In the meantime, sit back and enjoy the show.
Watching the draft each year is one of my favorite events. Especially when they have activity going on in our war room. I'm hoping that Saban will bring the media around like back when JJ was coach.
 

NaboCane

I'm on my comma
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
24,268
Reaction score
10
Location
Seattle, WA
DOLFANMIKE said:
Watching the draft each year is one of my favorite events. Especially when they have activity going on in our war room. I'm hoping that Saban will bring the media around like back when JJ was coach.

I know, dude. I love watching it all unfold. That's why I can't wait to see Boomer's top XX at each position, because I sit there with a chart and second-guess everybody. Yes, I'm lame.

But I messed up this year; I scheduled a trip to Miami during that weekend, and I'll be traveling all day Sunday, on the second day of the draft. But I'll be watching Saturday at least, hollering at the tube as usual. And I'll probably Tivo the whole thing, so I can zip through it later without commercials or those interminable player bios in the 15 minutes between pick in round 1.
 

NLude33

Section 415, Row 17
Joined
Apr 29, 2004
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Ft Lauderdale, FL
DOLFANMIKE said:
Saban made it clear what it will take to get our pick at #2 overall. Kinda anyhow.....

"Saban said the club has a chart that suggests what type of compensation Miami should get for moving down in the draft. The coach said he would follow that chart strictly in forging a trade."

So if that chart is the same chart that JJ made popular with Jerry Jones back in Dallas, we can have a good feeling about draft day...if there are any takers.
That line probably says "we will only take this, and no nobody is going to offer it."

I don't think anyone will offer "value" in a trade this year. Shoot, even Minny's two #1's is considered less value than #2 overall according to the chart. I would take Minny's 2 #1's in a heartbeat.
 
Top Bottom