Saban feeling the pressure | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban feeling the pressure

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
If memory serves me right Miami also had the youngest offensive line in the league. If not the youngest definatly top 3.

I am not expecting a miracle. I am expecting him to do his damn job. Minus a top notch Left Tackle there was no reason for the line to be that bad last year.

When your best OL player is only average at best (seth mckinney), that's how the OL produces so poorly. No matter how you put it, I've seen plenty of bad OLs, and this was the first OL I have seen that got nowhere in run blocking (didn't get any pop off the LOS, didn't hold their blocks, let people penetrate), and also had no ability to pick up inside blitzes whatsoever, or outside passrushers. It was the worst OL I've ever seen in my life.

ckparrothead said:
When your best OL player is only average at best (seth mckinney), that's how the OL produces so poorly. No matter how you put it, I've seen plenty of bad OLs, and this was the first OL I have seen that got nowhere in run blocking (didn't get any pop off the LOS, didn't hold their blocks, let people penetrate), and also had no ability to pick up inside blitzes whatsoever, or outside passrushers. It was the worst OL I've ever seen in my life.
aint that the truth...you can only fall so far and considering the OL was face down in the dirt things should get better.

ckparrothead said:

It was the worst coached offensive line I have seen in my life. Seth McKinney was better a few years ago when he was in for Ruddy. Hell Jerman looked like he was at least servicable a year before, last year he looked like he was a piece of crap. Taylor Whitney looked good for a rookie. Last year he looked like he should never of been in the NFL. It looked like Billy Yates was going to be a steal a year ago looking a little better than Taylor Whitney. In preseason he looked like someone who shouldn't be in the NFL.

In fact the only person who actually played better than previous before was St. Clair. In fact every lineman looked better at one point in their career than last year.

Also it should of been the second OL you have seen get no where in run blocking because the year before was just as bad. The biggest difference was this offensive line did not Ricky Williams making them not look like complete crap. There were so many runs where L. Henry got taken down by one hand that Ricky would of turned into a big run. Where better than sucky Sammy Morris was just not quick enough that Ricky would of been. Where the white boy rammed into the line where Ricky would of found the hole.

The offensive line that Miami has should be servicable at worst.

Back
Top Bottom