Saban Get Mangold! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Get Mangold!

elandre

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
[mod] Please keep draft threads in the draft forum. [/mod]

Dear,
Saban
Since it seems as if were going to sign that Saftey from the Jags, what do you think about bringing Mangold onto the team?:evil:

but seirously guys
Im very very very worried about our problems at center:shakeno: , sure we got the DT,LB problem but from what iv heard Daunte doesnt play well without a good center and no offense but Seth plays like a *****!!

If not well saban mabye we can get Mr.Bobby Carpenter if we cant get lavar in the end.
Im a Umiami fan dont worry but man thouse 2 guys from Ohio are nasty :cooldude:

Your thoughts ???

If we had a 2nd round pick we could maybe get him...I would not use a first to get Mangold though.

I think he is worth a 1st round the guy has awsome talent and at the combine holy jesus well that just blew me away.

I'd take him in a heartbeat,but not at 16.I'm really hoping we can land this guy somehow,but trading down into a position to pick him wouldn't be easy imo.I've also seen a lot of Mocks having him go late 1st rd.

if we manage to trade into the 20s, then i think mangold is a definite possibility. taking him at 16 is alittle bit of a reach.

"Reaching," or, not getting good "value" is subject to the assumption that one can trade down. If we can't trade down, we need to take the player who we think will help the team the most, regardless of where he is going in mock drafts. I remember last year when the announcers on the NFL Draft were ripping the Seahawks for taking Lofa Tatupu in the 2nd round when most had graded him as a 3rd or 4th rounder. This wasn't considered good "value" at the time but the guy had over 100 tackles and became captain of the defense as a rookie. I know I'm in the minority, but I would love to see us take an O-Lineman like Mangold or Jean-Gilles. The critics might rip us for not getting good "value" but when these guys are still anchoring our line years from now it won't matter.

Crowder52 said:
"Reaching," or, not getting good "value" is subject to the assumption that one can trade down. If we can't trade down, we need to take the player who we think will help the team the most, regardless of where he is going in mock drafts. I remember last year when the announcers on the NFL Draft were ripping the Seahawks for taking Lofa Tatupu in the 2nd round when most had graded him as a 3rd or 4th rounder. This wasn't considered good "value" at the time but the guy had over 100 tackles and became captain of the defense as a rookie. I know I'm in the minority, but I would love to see us take an O-Lineman like Mangold or Jean-Gilles. The critics might rip us for not getting good "value" but when these guys are still anchoring our line years from now it won't matter.
I agree..A Max-Jean, Mangold would improve our team instantly. And it would take care of that position for years.

my ideal draft scenario isthat we find a trade partner, pick up a 3rd/4th rounder or more, and take mangold in the late 20's (or trade in to the high 2nd round and take winston). however, i have a feeling that the trade partner will not come.

In a draft where the value is between 20-60 i really dont see many teams looking to trade up

I don't think he'll get past Pittsburg.

Manny Lawson fills a much larger need and is a much better value. If we traded down, it should be considered, but if we stay, Lawson has to be the pick.

@@@@@ said:
In a draft where the value is between 20-60 i really dont see many teams looking to trade up

Unfortunately I agree

Holy Jesus

elandre said:
I think he is worth a 1st round the guy has awsome talent and at the combine holy jesus well that just blew me away.

I agree...Holy Jesus when Jay Cutler did more bench presses than
Mangold...:sidelol: I would like my center to have more strength and power than my Qb.

Maybe we can draft cutler for our center:sidelol:

MiamiRon

miamiron said:
I agree...Holy Jesus when Jay Cutler did more bench presses than
Mangold...:sidelol: I would like my center to have more strength and power than my Qb.

Maybe we can draft cutler for our center:sidelol:

MiamiRon

How many times did Mangold put the bar up?

EDIT: nevermind, I read the stats in the other Mangold thread.

Personally, the outcome I'd most like to see of the 1st round is for us to trade back 10 spots, pick up a 2nd rounder, and draft Mangold or Jean-Gilles. We could use that 2nd on a DB or WR.

Back
Top Bottom