saban interview link here... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

saban interview link here...

Wow, what a class coach Saban is.

At about the 14:00 minute mark, the MC asks Saban to discuss the team, and where he sees any weaknesses. Saban's first direct comment is directed to Surtain. How much he greatly respects Pat and it was strictly a business/salary cap decision. He then gets into a discussion on the team and a position by position breakdown...

I thought that was a great.

Nick doesn't really give simple answers. Cracked me up when he talked so long that they were laughing about forgetting the question!!:roflmao:

love hime or hate him (lebotard) he always has the best damn guests on his show. I have yet to find atv or radio show that can compare (with florida local and national sports).

Jimi said:
Anyone wanna give a quick summary?

Well, you really should listen to it! By memory here, they talked about Nick leaving LSu, how difficult that was emotionally (for family and for the people he was leaving behind), but that the decision was an easy one. Um. Talked about the job, Nick likes being a coach. Talked about the draft - Nick basically admitted they'd have picked Smith is he didn't go #1, his strategy for interest in Braylon because he had information that people might move up for him (although Edwards was high on his board), how he made the defensive picks because the offense was younger and because of all the holes on D, and mentioned specifically about his interest in building a program long-term that can be dominant on a year to year basis. He talked about his relationship with the media, how he respects the media and his media policies aren't personal, they're just best for the team. He seemed to have a decent amount of optimism about the OLine and Houck's ability to get them into shape, said they were already progressing ... said that he's really adding 2 players to the line because Carey didn't play much so obviously that's on the change agenda. Talked about Ricky coming back - and from listening to him I believe if there was ever a coach that would be able to handle Ricky's return, Saban's it. He talked about team areas of strength and weakness. He said they're not making decisions on a starting QB, just teaching at the moment, too early for evaluations. He said a lot more too.

Times he said 'relative': 10.
Times he said 'standpoint': didn't keep track.

TouchMyMarino said:
Well, you really should listen to it! By memory here, they talked about Nick leaving LSu, how difficult that was emotionally (for family and for the people he was leaving behind), but that the decision was an easy one. Um. Talked about the job, Nick likes being a coach. Talked about the draft - Nick basically admitted they'd have picked Smith is he didn't go #1, his strategy for interest in Braylon because he had information that people might move up for him (although Edwards was high on his board), how he made the defensive picks because the offense was younger and because of all the holes on D, and mentioned specifically about his interest in building a program long-term that can be dominant on a year to year basis. He talked about his relationship with the media, how he respects the media and his media policies aren't personal, they're just best for the team. He seemed to have a decent amount of optimism about the OLine and Houck's ability to get them into shape, said they were already progressing ... said that he's really adding 2 players to the line because Carey didn't play much so obviously that's on the change agenda. Talked about Ricky coming back - and from listening to him I believe if there was ever a coach that would be able to handle Ricky's return, Saban's it. He talked about team areas of strength and weakness. He said they're not making decisions on a starting QB, just teaching at the moment, too early for evaluations. He said a lot more too.

Times he said 'relative': 10.
Times he said 'standpoint': didn't keep track.
Also said they didn't receive any trade up offers draft day!!

I must say that I'm disgusted that he had to waste a few minutes of interview time responding and apologizing for that stupid EJS article lambasting him for his war reference. Nothing like a "I'm mad at the coach so let me nitpick his press conference" article.

Man, I havent been this excited about the Dolphins in a long time. They had some good teams, but you always had that doubt in the back of your head because it always seemed to fall apart. You don't get that feeling with this guy. He just gets it. He has a plan to turn this team into a "dominant force for years to come" and I believe the guy 100%. I don't agree with everything he has done, but he has a plan of action and is carrying it out. He doesnt just say he wants success and hope that it comes, he strategizes and studies what needs to be done. After all that has happened to this team in the past few years it might all be worth it to get this guy. I know I might be getting ahead of myself a bit considering we havent even played a down under the guy, but I really think he is the best thing to happen to this team since we got Dan Marino and I can't wait until the season starts.

Back
Top Bottom