Saban is Playing this PERFECTLY | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban is Playing this PERFECTLY

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
May 5, 2002
Messages
16,585
Reaction score
21
Age
47
Location
London
Saying this morning that he will take Edwards, or rather leaking this morning that he would take Edwards should Smith not be there. I don't think we are taking either. Something tells me we are taking Mike Williams if we stay at 2, but because NO INFORMATION has been leaked, other teams have sod all idea what we're going to be doing which is fantastic.

For a first draft, he's doing this beautifully. Lets hope it carries on during Saturday. But all the signs are good.
 

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
8,461
Reaction score
1
Age
44
Location
Rochester, NY
It sure looks like we won't be at #2. I'm happy to see the Redskins looking at a move up. Not because it makes sense for them, but because it validates my off-the-wall theory that they were looking to move up.
 

KB21

Club Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Messages
10,062
Reaction score
65
Ronnie Brown will be the Dolphins pick. Taking a guy who will eventually be a tight end in the NFL at the 2nd pick makes no sense at all.

I usually agree with you, Boom, but Mike Williams has not gone from being picked in the 15-20 range last year to being the 2nd pick this year.
 

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
8,461
Reaction score
1
Age
44
Location
Rochester, NY
So you don't think we're trading down, KB? I think he's our pick at #7, and Saban is hailed as a God among men.
 

KB21

Club Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Messages
10,062
Reaction score
65
If we do trade down, I believe our pick at 7 will be Cadillac Williams.
 

KB21

Club Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Messages
10,062
Reaction score
65
Oh, I am also not holding my breath on a trade, because I don't think the teams are willing to give up what it will take to get this second pick.
 

Den54

Punk Exterminator
Joined
Mar 30, 2002
Messages
5,879
Reaction score
0
Location
Lakeland Fl
KB21 said:
Ronnie Brown will be the Dolphins pick. Taking a guy who will eventually be a tight end in the NFL at the 2nd pick makes no sense at all.

I usually agree with you, Boom, but Mike Williams has not gone from being picked in the 15-20 range last year to being the 2nd pick this year.

I don't recall Mike Williams being in the 15-20 range last year.
I thought it was like 3-10.
 

Den54

Punk Exterminator
Joined
Mar 30, 2002
Messages
5,879
Reaction score
0
Location
Lakeland Fl
Boomer said:
Saying this morning that he will take Edwards, or rather leaking this morning that he would take Edwards should Smith not be there. I don't think we are taking either. Something tells me we are taking Mike Williams if we stay at 2, but because NO INFORMATION has been leaked, other teams have sod all idea what we're going to be doing which is fantastic.

For a first draft, he's doing this beautifully. Lets hope it carries on during Saturday. But all the signs are good.


I too have been thinking Mike Williams fot the exact same reasons.
He has impact player written all over him.
 

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
8,461
Reaction score
1
Age
44
Location
Rochester, NY
Den54 said:
I don't recall Mike Williams being in the 15-20 range last year.
I thought it was like 3-10.

As I recall, Williams was all over the board. And since he was out of the draft a couple weeks before it started, his ranking never settled anywhere. I saw some mock drafts that had him in the top 5, and others that had him around 15.
 

Den54

Punk Exterminator
Joined
Mar 30, 2002
Messages
5,879
Reaction score
0
Location
Lakeland Fl
phunwin said:
As I recall, Williams was all over the board. And since he was out of the draft a couple weeks before it started, his ranking never settled anywhere. I saw some mock drafts that had him in the top 5, and others that had him around 15.

Right but I bet it was closer to 3-10. :lol:
 

KB21

Club Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Messages
10,062
Reaction score
65
Den54 said:
Right but I bet it was closer to 3-10. :lol:

Williams was rated solidly behind Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, and Reggie Williams.
 

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
May 5, 2002
Messages
16,585
Reaction score
21
Age
47
Location
London
KB21 said:
Ronnie Brown will be the Dolphins pick. Taking a guy who will eventually be a tight end in the NFL at the 2nd pick makes no sense at all.

I usually agree with you, Boom, but Mike Williams has not gone from being picked in the 15-20 range last year to being the 2nd pick this year.

We have to disagree on SOMETHING mate otherwise people will think we are the same person :)

Look at the quality of last years draft compared to this. I have been re-watching the ol USC tapes and the guy is just a machine.
 

KB21

Club Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Messages
10,062
Reaction score
65
Boomer said:
We have to disagree on SOMETHING mate otherwise people will think we are the same person :)

Look at the quality of last years draft compared to this. I have been re-watching the ol USC tapes and the guy is just a machine.

That's against college kids though. While he's got great size and will be able to outjump DBs for the ball, his big and soon to get bigger frame will only serve to slow him down as a wide receiver into the future.

A move to tight end is inevitable for this guy. If he isn't 250 lbs within two seasons, I'll eat my hat.
 

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
8,461
Reaction score
1
Age
44
Location
Rochester, NY
You don't think there's some Michael Irvin comparisons in Williams' future? Both were/are very big, not terrifically fast. If Williams can run routes as well as Irvin, there's no reason he can't have a great career at receiver.
 

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
May 5, 2002
Messages
16,585
Reaction score
21
Age
47
Location
London
KB21 said:
That's against college kids though. While he's got great size and will be able to outjump DBs for the ball, his big and soon to get bigger frame will only serve to slow him down as a wide receiver into the future.

A move to tight end is inevitable for this guy. If he isn't 250 lbs within two seasons, I'll eat my hat.

He plays much faster than he times. I don't see him at 250. I'd take him over Edwards.

You think Miami takes Williamson?
 
Top Bottom